IGNORED

Syro period interviews

Boris de Vries

There's quite a few things that use this principle now, don't think that i've heard of one for sounds though and if he get a few of the other ideas going that's why my suggestion of a suite.

this is also an already existing thing of this kind for sounds

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22. Kristian Beyer (Âme): Did any of these tracks on the MP3 player you lost ever resurface on the internet?

“No, thankfully not! But the story is totally true, I left it on the plane. I think there were 80 unreleased Squarepusher tracks on it as well. I felt really bad about this.”

If he's still sticking with this story I might be inclined to believe this by now. When he first said this I wasn't really convinced, but it did sound like something I'd do myself, so I wasn't ruling it out. Man, 80 unreleased Squarepusher tracks. The person who found it probably thought the music was really weird and just deleted it all.

most people that found it would have just cleared the drive, would have had no idea what they had. The likelihood of someone actually withit enough to know would be very low actually.

Yeah, this. If someone found it, why would he/she bother with listening to the stuff which was on it. Taste is highly personal. The odds it's complete rubbish with a possible good track here and there are huge. Why bother if you could put your own playlist on it?

I would look at the playlist though... But seeing the way rdj names his tracks...well... LOL

No way anyone not familiar with his work would be interested to delve deeper into it.

still not buying the lost usb stick legend

i buy part of the story, but the 2nd part where the loss of this drive resulted in a quick compilation of already existing/finished tracks for the release of Drukqs is not as believable.

i buy part of the story, but the 2nd part where the loss of this drive resulted in a quick compilation of already existing/finished tracks for the release of Drukqs is not as believable.

And yet I can't help thinking that Drukqs feels like a compilation that could have been rushed. "Let's put a bit of everything I do these days and fast" could be the logic behind it. But you're right, guys, we'll never know!

And yet I can't help thinking that Drukqs feels like a compilation that could have been rushed. "Let's put a bit of everything I do these days and fast" could be the logic behind it. But you're right, guys, we'll never know!

drukqs is a shocking mindblowing masterpiece that is burned in my soul forever, lol you have no clue, saying it's a rushed compilation is crazy talk

If it was a rushed release, wouldn't There be a similarly rushed Squarepusher release as well? Seeing the year Drukqs was released, Go Plastic should be the Squarepusher version of the "crap, dicky james leaked 80 of my unreleased tracks on an airplane" album. Seeing the frequency New Squarepusher albums were released back then, it's impossible to tell one of them is rushed.

And Drukqs doesn't feel rushed to me at all. But even if it wasn't, that mp3 player story could still be true. And it's safe to say there's no way this player will ever resurface with all the tracks still on it. So my only question is: was it an ipod or one of those early crappy ones?

Hehe I know man, I'm not talking against Drukqs, simply trying to make sense of the legend. It's his most chaotic album to date. He never compiled an album like this before nor after Drukqs. Aphex is usually following a very specific red thread with every one of his albums, even the most varied ones like the Richard D. James album. But Drukqs is all over the place, style-wise. Anything goes kind of logic. So it COULD have been rushed, that's what I said, not that it actually WAS. We'll never know anyway so we both have no clue. ;)

If it was a rushed release, wouldn't There be a similarly rushed Squarepusher release as well? Seeing the year Drukqs was released, Go Plastic should be the Squarepusher version of the "crap, dicky james leaked 80 of my unreleased tracks on an airplane" album. Seeing the frequency New Squarepusher albums were released back then, it's impossible to tell one of them is rushed.

And Drukqs doesn't feel rushed to me at all. But even if it wasn't, that mp3 player story could still be true. And it's safe to say there's no way this player will ever resurface with all the tracks still on it. So my only question is: was it an ipod or one of those early crappy ones?

it was a mini-disc.

Hehe I know man, I'm not talking against Drukqs, simply trying to make sense of the legend. It's his most chaotic album to date. He never compiled an album like this before nor after Drukqs. Aphex is usually following a very specific red thread with every one of his albums, even the most varied ones like the Richard D. James album. But Drukqs is all over the place, style-wise. Anything goes kind of logic. So it COULD have been rushed, that's what I said, not that it actually WAS. We'll never know anyway so we both have no clue. ;)

Diagnosis of massfreekid by dr. Ivan Ooze:

suffers from severe cluelessness

could be cured with a heavy dose of drukqs and some kanye west injections

Yeah, massfreekid's junk is pretty clueless on this page. I didn't like the backtracking in his last post where he tried to find a happy medium. Either have an opinion or don't have it.

Even RDJ himself agrees with me that Bochum Welt came the closest to cloning his style. I remember when I called Bochum Welt the italian Aphex and the fanbois flamed me and claimed that his style was totally different from Aphex, completely missing the point... RDJ proved u wrong and me right, once again.

Even RDJ himself agrees with me that Bochum Welt came the closest to cloning his style. I remember when I called Bochum Welt the italian Aphex and the fanbois flamed me and claimed that his style was totally different from Aphex, completely missing the point... RDJ proved u wrong and me right, once again.

great job dude

twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg

furry_corner_official_gold_stars_star_st

Archived