IGNORED

Syro period interviews

Boris de Vries

maybe he just lives around an airport or something? heh i mean, it sounds like all hes describing is that he sees lots of planes.

or maybe something about the atmosphere there causes the trails to last longer

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was kidding around awe.

And as for living near an airport, it's more that he lives under a pretty dense set of transatlantic flightpaths. Crisscrossing between here and there. As for the contrails not dissipating, i depends what layer of air that they are in for how long they can stay, and you you may lose the the bulk of the vapour within a short amount of time, but can still be left with the centre of ice crystals. It's all very logical. Sure the US government (and UK) have in the 50's and 60's fucked around with air dispersion

n the 1950s and sixties, scientists from the Fort Detrick biological weapons program ran a series of tests to determine how easy it would be to expose large numbers of people to a lethal bacteria. Containers of nontoxic bacteria were planted in the New York subway, bacteria was secretly pumped into the Pentagon ventilation system and clouds of bacteria were released in San Francisco. And germs that were meant to sicken but not kill humans were tested on conscientious objectors in the military.

But like MC stated, if you wanted to poison people it would be easier to just do it in the water supply, ala fluoride. And sure monsanto are an evil mega corporation that do things like sue farmers that aren't using their seeds but because some of the seed that these hapless farmers have kept from their harvest came about as a result of windborne crosspollination with monsanto fields from other local farms, they take these farmers to court, with the option of paying monsanto or being sued out of existance. So they are clearly scum on so many levels. But i don't think that they are poisoning the soil through aerial dispersion of aluminium or whatever. I mean if you wanted to you would just put it in the pesticides that farmers use, which are poisoning the soils already.

So like i said earlier, it's a quaint belief, but really what is actually going on is a lot more frightening than the mostly pointless fear of chemtrolls. Which like UFO's is a misdirection campaign for minds eager for the truth, that realise there are things really wrong with the world, but don't know where to turn because the information they seek takes digging and is obscured by the so many sites that waste time talking about this nuisance disinformation campaign bS.

sorry if this post appears some where else again, I can't find it anymore.
Looking back, I think its a bad thing that RDJ started this whole "grain of salt" thing, I mean, some things may pop up where its obvious, but some things that pop up you can never really be sure. The general impression I have is that basically if he is in a bad mood he tells more lies which makes me wonder what happened the day he had to do this interview: http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/99963052121974.shtml

Looking back, I think its a bad thing that RDJ started this whole "grain of salt" thing, I mean, some things may pop up where its obvious, but some things that pop up you can never really be sure. The general impression I have is that basically if he is in a bad mood he tells more lies which makes me wonder what happened the day he had to do this interview: http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/99963052121974.shtml

have you worked with anyone else on the album?

Yeah,at the beginning of 1997 I adopted 3 goats on my farm in scotland and taught them how to write music,I upgraded one of the goats at the end of 98'with a hoof mod and its fucking serious man/woman.

well we know he's used Tor. He doesn't sound paranoid to me honestly. If i lived in a remote part of Scotland and saw the type of thing he's describing I'd probably be concerned about it too even though I generally find the chemtrail conspiracy thing to be not credible.

Well I'd say we know Warp's marketing team uses Tor to sell his stuff. I can't say what, if anything, he had to do with any of that. His Twitter is most likely just something run by Warp people just like Squarepusher's stuff. You heard the guy - He doesn't even use a smartphone (and good on him for that). It's probably safe to assume all of the fun marketing stuff is a team of Warp folks going "WWRD?", and then that becomes what we all think he would do.

well we know he's used Tor. He doesn't sound paranoid to me honestly. If i lived in a remote part of Scotland and saw the type of thing he's describing I'd probably be concerned about it too even though I generally find the chemtrail conspiracy thing to be not credible.

Well I'd say we know Warp's marketing team uses Tor to sell his stuff. I can't say what, if anything, he had to do with any of that. His Twitter is most likely just something run by Warp people just like Squarepusher's stuff. You heard the guy - He doesn't even use a smartphone (and good on him for that). It's probably safe to assume all of the fun marketing stuff is a team of Warp folks going "WWRD?", and then that becomes what we all think he would do.

that's a good point, he seems to be disconnected perhaps then. He does have a computer though which you have to assume has the net, and did direct the campaign to include the expenses thing, so he's somewhat in control of directing things if not worried about the minutia of a facebook account and so forth. So perhaps we can assume that he doesn't have a smartphone, because that's just another distraction, but this doesn't mean that he hasn't got a PC, which means he would have access to the tools to be able to develop an interest in encryption and obscuring communication on the internets, which has been an hot topic these last few years. It's not like he hasn't been into some cool stuff that computers can do to things in the past, the face in the wavefile for example.

Guest chops727

Chemtrails theory is a load of bumf, do you have any idea how far up a plane flies? If they're going to drug the population they'll do it in the water supply.

Yeah it's called fluoride, please wake up, for your children's sakes at least.

Chemtrails is rather a quaint belief compared to what's really going on.

What is , in your opinion?

Chemtrails theory is a load of bumf, do you have any idea how far up a plane flies? If they're going to drug the population they'll do it in the water supply.

if you are afraid of fluoride, you better stop brushing your teeth or eating anything that contains salt.

the whole chemtrails conspiracy is utter bullshit.

Guest chops727

Believe me if they were putting stuff in the water it's unlikely we'd know about it.

Why believe you? its easy to do a water test. You shouldn't use toothpaste with flouride in it btw. There are plenty of better toothpastes out there, and they taste better than that soapy flouride poison shite you buy in the mall.

http://tinyurl.com/p3kh6ob

Guest chops727

if you are afraid of fluoride, you better stop brushing your teeth or eating anything that contains salt.

Why is it bullshit?

Is that your hunch or an informed opinion?

Why is it bullshit?

Is that your hunch or an informed opinion?

Conspiracy+.+Listen+to+this+Song+http+c3

Haha, I actually have fluoride tablets at home prescribed by my dentist because there is no fluoride in my drinking water. Mmm.. yummy fluoride.

I also have a bag of MSG in my kitchen to put in food.

*sees plane passing by, sniffs in some chemtrails*

ahh.. sweet chemicals

When I read about him going camping with his family and being recognised by a guy who got all stupid and starstruck I cringed. I remember being around him during the Dedbeat festival and I couldn't cope and made a right geebag out of myself.

Chemtrails? I think it's bull myself but I'm glad he took a risk and let his guard down and told us a bit more what he's really like, which is of course a normal person (whatever that is) who also happens to be a leader in their field of expertise. Fuck the mythologising that everything the guy says has to have papal infallibility.

have you worked with anyone else on the album?

Yeah,at the beginning of 1997 I adopted 3 goats on my farm in scotland and taught them how to write music,I upgraded one of the goats at the end of 98'with a hoof mod and its fucking serious man/woman.

What is the relationship between Warp and Rephlex?

you dont wanna know man its fucking bad.

flol

now giving it a second thought. Maybe I preferred when he was trolling. He was funny as hell. Now he's a nice home daddy.

Guest chops727

Wow I expected Aphex fans to be a bit more open minded, ok anyway, this is a very brave ex-military whistleblower re: chemtrails,

it's called... SCIENCE!

you're more likely to suffer health issues from your air conditioner than jet engines thousands of feet above you.

that and car exhaust fumes, factory pollutants, crop spraying... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_pollution

i'm actually a lot more concerned about radioactive fall out right now. it's made a huge impact on ocean life.

lol, letting someone inform your world view because he makes good music makes no sense, like madamechaos said it's the argument from authority fallacy.

anyway, nice interview, minus the conspiracy theory stuff.

it's called... SCIENCE!

you're more likely to suffer health issues from your air conditioner than jet engines thousands of feet above you.

Or that new couch that you imported from china with it's toxic flame retardants emitting poison in unhealthy doses into the air adjacent to your lounging self.

As for fluoride in toothpaste, sure you can get non fluoride ones, and i have in the past but now i use this fancy one that does extra stuff which also has fluoride in so i'm kind of in a bind, but unlike the poster above, i'm not drinking the stuff you know, i rinse my mouth out thoroughly. The idea that somehow the exterior of my teeth will benefit from having my kidneys filter 3 plus litres of water per day, not to mention all the fruit and vegetables also now tainted with fluoride when crops are irrigated using town water and then all the processed foods which use town water, loading my body up with something that is a toxin that provides no benefit to the exterior of my teeth when it's ingested, seems ludicrous, nuts, facking bonkers. You guys are treating it like it's a vitamin or something. And sure it comes as a salt, but their are many salts in the world of minerals, most besides sodium chloride that you would not want to ingest. Anyway, i'm not putting a waste product from the production of fertilizers into my body, cheers, and the idea that for no sensible reason that it should be against my will put in to the drinking water is beyond crazy when from comparative studies of areas with and without fluoride doping of the water supply they have found the same improvement in dental hygene. So it's another case of correlation not causation and bad science being sold to naive politicians. Whether you then subscribe to the theory that it's to dump fluoride waste or to dumb down or pacify the population, i certainly don't want to argue that. I think it's easier if i stand on the idea that people put the two and two of dental hygene and fluoride together and created a frankenstine. Governments making stupid decisions based or poorly thought through 'scientific' assumptions that the bulk of the population go along with, happens all the time. Like when they introduced cane toads to australia to combat the the cane beetle. Or like some of our bushfire management programs now, that whilst good for the eucalypt forests of the southern states, can be a disaster for local biota in our forests, actually encourage flammable invasive species, destroy breeding cycles of insects and so on.

lol fuck this, /washes dishes so that he can eat breakfast, clean kitchen ahoy!

there's a difference between an authority making poor decisions based on being uninformed and an authority making poor decisions because it's part of some enormous conspiratorial network that makes absolutely no sense from a logical standpoint.

MadameChaos, you sound like you know a lot about science. What is your scientific background, credentials, etc.? It's nice to who we're talking to on here.

Didn't you read the poster above you on authority fallacy? What are you going to think about her comments if she tells you that she doesn't have the halo of scientist?

I like the motto of the royal society. .. 'Nullius in verba' which translates as take no ones word for it. Ala, look it up yourself. Which really everyone should have been doing from birth and so by now should have a pretty good inbuilt understanding of what is probably true and what isn't and what needs research.

Archived