IGNORED

Post a terrible track!

ghOsty

Goddamn this era.

00s overall were pretty bad for music but early 00s in particular was a dark age

I was gonna post a track from The Streets here but apparently Original Pirate Material is kind of revered? A lot of reviews on RYM are like "it perfectly encapsulates that era in Britain!" and I'm like no wonder, that era was garbage

• 4 months later...

This thing prompted me to turn off the radio at work this morning. Later in the afternoon it played again so I asked what it was. Apparently it's in the top 5 in the UK charts after going viral and I want everyone dead, now.

Truly the worst track I've heard in a while, and I listened to the Brainwaltzera album recently.

Fuck me, it just came on the radio again as I was writing this

• 2 weeks later...

This dude is nearly $300k in debt because he's hired a producer to make professional videos for this awful shit, he's been documenting his struggles on his YouTube channel, like he's entitled to fame just by going through the motions of getting an album produced and having a few videos, the guy is fucking delusional...

This dude is nearly $300k in debt because he's hired a producer to make professional videos for this awful shit, he's been documenting his struggles on his YouTube channel, like he's entitled to fame just by going through the motions of getting an album produced and having a few videos, the guy is fucking delusional...

FLOL all of this

yeah I hate that fucking tune (parklife), and Albarn (and Blur) watching that video all these years later seems really cringeworthy. I think they wanted to be the Britpop version of The Kinks, but end up looking like the British version of the Monkeys but nowhere as funny or likeable....and every interview I've seen him in he come across like a boring, pretentious prick. I could go on.... 

Not my cup of tea....(know what I mean) 

yep Autry! still reigns supreme

god damnit, just reading this reminded me of it's awfulness... i can just hear that quirky "ONE TWO THREE...", i'll never be able to truly forget it :catcry:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqmyHMq6BTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyzb-diZ3Ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpJtarSPpo

This is rough because I have mad respect for this guys drive, hustle and passion for pushing through. But it's one thing to push against all odds to succeed, but at one point, one needs to look at your craft/product/process. Sure, he can flow, the videos are pro, and he has some charisma, but there's nothing else there. His lyrical content, songwriting and hooks (at least these 2 tracks) come off as safe, bland and totally forgettable to me. The content also sounds / looks like he's trying way too hard to make a perfect video and to be the next Eminem or something, and the songs simply sound like that was his goal, rather than to create an original expression. Having a goal of making a million dollars is great, but give people music, attitude, rhythms, vibes, something that we can feel, and sadly this is lacking that. I could however hear him breaking through in the scroobius pip / atmosphere kinda nerd rap game though if he just honed in the right way.

Haha that era for real. Feel like I'm back in 01 senior year in high school. Those haircuts, clothing and swagger bring so many feelings. White kids getting into rap, baggy pants, frosty hair and chains. Drinking oe, house parties, jocks, gangstas, lots of machismo, homophobia, etc. For some reason, all I can hear is homophobic slurs being thrown around and aggression when I see guys dresses like that and with hairstyles like that lol

00s overall were pretty bad for music but early 00s in particular was a dark age

I was gonna post a track from The Streets here but apparently Original Pirate Material is kind of revered? A lot of reviews on RYM are like "it perfectly encapsulates that era in Britain!" and I'm like no wonder, that era was garbage

Oh man, really I love The Streets. Original Pirate Material is a classic album for me :)

Lol it's weird is what it is... At first I assumed it was like some crew or sports team or college frat covering it for fun, but then I saw it's a major label release at the end. Very odd. I'm oddly fascinated though heh.

If weed really makes ya happy, blaze it, hell yeah.

Lol it's weird is what it is... At first I assumed it was like some crew or sports team or college frat covering it for fun, but then I saw it's a major label release at the end. Very odd. I'm oddly fascinated though heh.

If weed really makes ya happy, blaze it, hell yeah.

nah I just didn't even realize people were coverin' bone thugz, they're still active etc... is this what it feels like to get old?

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqmyHMq6BTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyzb-diZ3Ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpJtarSPpo

This is rough because I have mad respect for this guys drive, hustle and passion for pushing through. But it's one thing to push against all odds to succeed, but at one point, one needs to look at your craft/product/process. Sure, he can flow, the videos are pro, and he has some charisma, but there's nothing else there. His lyrical content, songwriting and hooks (at least these 2 tracks) come off as safe, bland and totally forgettable to me. The content also sounds / looks like he's trying way too hard to make a perfect video and to be the next Eminem or something, and the songs simply sound like that was his goal, rather than to create an original expression. Having a goal of making a million dollars is great, but give people music, attitude, rhythms, vibes, something that we can feel, and sadly this is lacking that. I could however hear him breaking through in the scroobius pip / atmosphere kinda nerd rap game though if he just honed in the right way.

You give the guy way too much credit, his music, hooks, flow and lyrics are objectively shit.

Oh man, really I love The Streets. Original Pirate Material is a classic album for me :)

yeah remember digging that album a lot back in da day, one recent track that i thought it was by them but turns out it isn't is on the ikea commercials:

here's an extended version...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON