IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Syro Listening

jhonny

Just entered the Lottery, but i have one question...

It says that all venues are 18+, but the problem is, i'm not 18+

If i win one of the tickets, then I'm intending to go to the listening party in Brussels

Do you think that they're going to be really strict with the age-thing?

I kinda think they will be strict since it sounds like there's gonna be free alcohol for people.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

If i win one of the tickets, then I'm intending to go to the listening party in Brussels

I kinda think they will be strict since it sounds like there's gonna be free alcohol for people.

That's not a problem for me, I don't drink any alcohol at all, never intending to until the age of 21 (a goal i've set for myself, since i don't have any interests in alcohol).

In Belgium, the minimum age to drink beer is 16, i think... i'm not sure.

Put my name in for Chicago. Doubtful that I'll get a spot, but it's fun to entertain optimistic thoughts. I wonder whether they will have the party at Lincoln Hall (the same place I saw Plaid recently). It was a bar, so that would be consistent with the 21+ rule. If it is Lincoln Hall, that would be nice--the space is very good, and the sound system was excellent.

I'm in the same boat, man. I'm nearly 17, so I might be able to pass off as 18.. I entered for the NYC show. If I manage to get tickets, and I show up and can't get into the venue, would someone in NYC be interested in taking my tickets and going in place of me? Would hate to waste em.

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

I'm in the same boat, man. I'm nearly 17, so I might be able to pass off as 18.. I entered for the NYC show. If I manage to get tickets, and I show up and can't get into the venue, would someone in NYC be interested in taking my tickets and going in place of me? Would hate to waste em.

Fingers crossed for both of us.

(and everyone else on here who entered the lottery...)

I would! :closedeyes:

Should I have ask which venue instead ?

Can't make up my mind to travel 2x 400km to listen to a record in certainly less than ideal condition, while I can just wait a bit more for the triple LP and japanese edition CD to show up in the mail and play it on my studio monitors.

Or I'll just wait for the leak :emotawesomepm9:

I would! :closedeyes:

Then I'll send you a pm if i end up getting a ticket! (which is highly unlikely, but still). We can exchange numbers and if on saturday I can't get in, you can be on backup :wink:

signed up, now I wait.... good luck to those really wanting to go, if I get one but can't go I'll try to forward mine on

to me

lol, ok we'll see. seems they are handing out invitations too, not sure if that includes for the Chicago event...

Guest jasondonervan

*spare ticket scrounge*

If anyone finds themself with a spare for London, I'd hugely appreciate it. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Willy Warpa Chartreuse ticket draw, but Wednesday is cutting it fine. I'll happily hand over any spare to another needy soul if it happens...

I wonder how many people will enter for the Utrecht listening session.. besides Belgium, Netherlands is the smallest country where they'll happen..!

it also has a giant concentration of weed smokers.

i was living there when the drukqs listening party happened, i found out the day after.

I wonder how many people will enter for the Utrecht listening session.. besides Belgium, Netherlands is the smallest country where they'll happen..!

Yeah but Belgium/Netherlands is highly populated with electronica/braindance/IDM fans, plus it's quite an european hub, I mean it's easy to go there from germany/france/UK...

I filed in for the Brussels one but the warp site was bugging so I'm not sure it went through, did anyone else had problems registering?

On a side note, I asked friends to take part in the lottery so as to maximize my chances... fingers crossed!

Archived