IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Syro Listening

jhonny

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My housemate received an email saying she'd been selected to attend the listening event, and at the bottom was the address for The Laundry in W4. Seems very strange though saying it would be held at a venue in EAST London

I think this Laundry talk is bollocks. Warp hasn't confirmed yet so anything else is pure speculation.

This was from an email direct from Warp, from the same person sending out the replies to the RSVPs

You have to email Warp to RSVP. They will then put your name on a list. On the night you have to bring your ticket and photo ID.

They confirmed a new time for London of 20:30.

What e-mail address? (I'm assuming this is for people who already got physical tickets from record stores, but at this point I'll try anything to get into the Chicago event.)

Since nobody on WATMM has received a ticket via e-mail to ANY of the North America listening events I'm assuming the only people that are getting in are journalists and industry people (likely the entire staff of Pitchfork). Sound about right?

Guest Papillon

You have to email Warp to RSVP. They will then put your name on a list. On the night you have to bring your ticket and photo ID.

What e-mail address? (I'm assuming this is for people who already got physical tickets from record stores, but at this point I'll try anything to get into the Chicago event.)

Since nobody on WATMM has received a ticket via e-mail to ANY of the North America listening events I'm assuming the only people that are getting in are journalists and industry people (likely the entire staff of Pitchfork). Sound about right?

They might be just really late. if Blrep is involved in anyway there is a good chance they are just late.... keep positive. But yeah all of the staff of pitchfork are getting in.

Yeah, this is getting quite late. I'm not holding out hope any more.

Guest trananhhung

Yeap, that's it, Jason. You can get the tube to bethnal green and then walk for 15 minutes. There's also the overground to Cambridge Heath, which leaves you even nearer.

That photo is the entrance to the restaurant. I imagine the listening will be downstairs. There's a big grey gate which leads to this big room. That's where I saw Omar.

Guest jasondonervan

Yeap, that's it, Jason. You can get the tube to bethnal green and then walk for 15 minutes. There's also the overground to Cambridge Heath, which leaves you even nearer.

That photo is the entrance to the restaurant. I imagine the listening will be downstairs. There's a big grey gate which leads to this big room. That's where I saw Omar.

Aces. Well that's a bit of a stretch too far for getting a last train back, so chances are I'll just book a hotel room for the night - I can't face the idea of clock-watching all night.

Guest trananhhung

Well I'm assuming that they will start playing the cd before 10. So if you leave at 11 and get the tube from bethnal to kings cross you'll have time to catch a train. I don't know where you're going, though.

unsure what to do as taking time off from work is a pain to sort.

I'm luck and live in the uk and do get to see him every year or so.

but it would be nice to be part of this and go.

who knows he might even be there as it is a nice small gig.

Guest jasondonervan

Well I'm assuming that they will start playing the cd before 10. So if you leave at 11 and get the tube from bethnal to kings cross you'll have time to catch a train. I don't know where you're going, though.

My last train is 10.45pm, there's no way I'll get back in time.

Archived