IGNORED

north star

Guest ccfeln

I'm really enjoying the synthwork in this... really nice stuff. The beats I'm not so keen on... they sound well programmed, but the hits themselves sound pretty flat and lifeless, and seem sort of buried in the mix. Sadly I'm too crap to know why that is or how to fix it! Too much compression? Too little compression? I don't know, but someone will... :lol:

There were a couple of moments as well where things got very quiet, obviously these were intentional breakdowns but nevertheless I thought they were almost too sparse, and could do with being filled out a bit.

The last 40 seconds is a nice way of ending it. Nice track overall man

Guest we_kill_soapscum

bladerunner soundtrack!

that snare is a shame tho, this track deserves a better snare, the snare is just wack

EQ it baby

i like this tho, very good synths

I don't mind the snare too much to be fair. I've heard worse and thats the truth. It was a nice acoustic sounding hip hop kinda of snare. I may have maybe changed the acoustic snare to something beefier after a while just to create a sense of build within the track.

Sounds nothing like Blade Runner to me to be honest. The synth is vaguely Vangelisesque but hardly close to be honest for that comparison.

The breakdown is too long and gets dull after a while feel. Oddly tails off without going back into the main part. I'd scrap the 2nd half maybe and go back to enhancing, building and adding more resonance to the main part . Not bad. :ph34r:

http://www.endjinn.com/tracks/north_star.mp3

thanks

david

this was cool. loads of textures, swirly niceness.

the controversial snare isn't rubbish at all, although it's pretty dry and maybe too jazzy/hiphop for the rest of the elements - maybe a better choice would be something more overtly synthy. that may cause less commotion... ;)

although it's pretty dry and maybe too jazzy/hiphop for the rest of the elements

which, in summary, means it's wack. :D

hello mate! i would post some tracks but nothing new bc me studio's all dead. however, i have just got a monster g5 and some nice outboard lovelies so hopefully next year will see some newness... :)

and not wack! - just maybe not as good a choice as it could have been... :)

Archived