IGNORED

Boss Battles Tribute Album!!! (WATMM Video Game Comp)

And the winner of the poll is: BOSS BATTLE THEMES

So, as with other WATMM music projects this is a call-out to all producers/composers/musicians on WATMM and beyond interested in contributing. The theme of this album is 'Video Game Boss Battle Themes' which are often characterized as being grandiose, foreboding, intense, etc: an ambient album this will NOT be (though you can do an ambient interpretation if you want)! Mini-Boss themes work as well: pretty much any confrontation with a powerful enemy where the music changes to suit the situation!

There is such a tremendous pool of amazing material to cover and/or remix for this project! That being said I am not adverse to original compositions so long as they would sound suitable during a 'Boss Battle' of sorts. Also, feel free to submit as many tracks as you'd like!

So, here are the important rules:

1 - Due date for submitted tracks was November 1st, but I want to get more submissions in without people feeling too pressured so it's now JANUARY 15th, 2015!

2 - Submit your completed track(s) to goiter.sanchez@gmail.com using a file sharing service like WeTransfer, Mediafire, etc.

3 - Submit your track(s) in a lossless format such as WAV or FLAC. Do NOT add a huge amount of compression (unless this is the effect you are trying to achieve) or otherwise attempt to master your track as all the tracks will be mastered for the album so as to have a more cohesive sound/volume. In your final mixdown please try to leave at 1-2dB of headroom.

4 - Album will, at the very least, be a free release on Bandcamp. If there is sufficient interest I may look into a physical pressing, but we shall have to see how this goes.

In the spirit of WATMM's Xmas comps all submissions will likely make it onto the final album unless I get a ridiculous # of them and then we may have to whittle the # down a tad to keep to a reasonable playtime.

In order to avoid a situation in which everyone makes covers of the same track (e.g, a 15 track album of covers of SMB 3's Boom Boom Theme) feel free to post in this topic with regard to the theme you'd like to cover, that way people will not all chose the same ones hopefully.

Alright, I am very excited to hear what you all come up with!

tumblr_n2otaxPoFX1r7x20co3_1280.gif

hydrabattle.jpg

Fyrus_(beta).png

hIA7.jpg

954z.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool,

I'll do one inspired by shmup bosses (r-type, gradius et cetera), where there is an alarm sound first indicating shit is imminent.

Noice! Will start pondering which boss theme I want to do. Might go obscure.

I was going to suggest that if the Zelda theme one won, we could have called the comp We Are the Wind Wakers.

it's just something i've been walking around humming a lot the last few months, not sure why. thinking i'd like to do something more melodic. rules on something like street fighter 2010? every level is a boss fight. space ape battle at 3minutes is the one i'm thinking about:

Cool,

I'll do one inspired by shmup bosses (r-type, gradius et cetera), where there is an alarm sound first indicating shit is imminent.

Wow, sounds challenging but very cool. I love that video compilation so much!

lol i was totally thinking smb3 boom boom theme =\

Someone has to do this iconic boss battle theme, I was just hoping that EVERYONE wouldn't do it!

Hahah, oh man that's going to be awesome! Luckily those amazing voice samples and sfx will be easy to isolate for a composition!

A challenging one to do justice to for certain. I look forward to the results :)

Carry the torch high and proud for Sonic and Miles!

Noice! Will start pondering which boss theme I want to do. Might go obscure.

I was going to suggest that if the Zelda theme one won, we could have called the comp We Are the Wind Wakers.

Yes, that would've been a good title. Now, get brainstorming for a WATMM specific boss battles title ;)

it's just something i've been walking around humming a lot the last few months, not sure why. thinking i'd like to do something more melodic. rules on something like street fighter 2010? every level is a boss fight. space ape battle at 3minutes is the one i'm thinking about:

Bad-Ass! I hope you use the 'coming out of the warp gate' sfx!

nice one, going to do a Cyberdemon themed one

Excellent! Look forward to it!

I did one a few years ago:

Cool! I hope you'll make one for this comp Modey; wouldn't be the same without a Pselodux track!

I am most likely going to make reinterpretations of these:

I did one a few years ago:

oh shit that's great! dunno if I can do it equal justice, might switch to a spiderdemon or something else entirely.

Archived