IGNORED

Boss Battles Tribute Album!!! (WATMM Video Game Comp)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for the extension. I started last weekend but didn't like the result. Gonna give it another shot this weekend.

Same here ! Still working on Sonic 3 songs, but this time I'm trying to do a kind of d'n'b remix of the major boss theme :

1 - Due date for submitted tracks was November 1st, but I want to get more submissions in without people feeling too pressured so it's now JANUARY 15th, 2015!

Hopefully, I'll remember to check for the release then.

JANUARY 15th, 2015

awesome!! I have a list of what I've still got to do...

manually add tails and lead ins made in goldwave

add more variation to loops
use old lead in many places

use old kick in some places
tweak clap sound a bit (distortion?)
put roll hits on separate channels
make more random build up rolls/noisier

add soft quiet pads made of only reverb

bring up sustain on open hits after dark bit
get old vibe of counter preset (+ stereoness)
add resonant distortion like old track trip chords
sort clap and other levels

add conclusive ending/refer back to dark bit in ending
pan wiggles on counter
work on stereo image
add 2 note chords refering to what convolved echo suggests to me

so I appreciate the extra time!

JANUARY 15th, 2015

awesome!! I have a list of what I've still got to do...

manually add tails and lead ins made in goldwave

add more variation to loops

use old lead in many places

use old kick in some places

tweak clap sound a bit (distortion?)

put roll hits on separate channels

make more random build up rolls/noisier

add soft quiet pads made of only reverb

bring up sustain on open hits after dark bit

get old vibe of counter preset (+ stereoness)

add resonant distortion like old track trip chords

sort clap and other levels

add conclusive ending/refer back to dark bit in ending

pan wiggles on counter

work on stereo image

add 2 note chords refering to what convolved echo suggests to me

so I appreciate the extra time!

Now orries man. At this point I'd prefer you take your time and make the best track you can rather than feel too pressured.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sonnyskare

Happy for the extension. I started last weekend but didn't like the result. Gonna give it another shot this weekend.

Same here ! Still working on Sonic 3 songs, but this time I'm trying to do a kind of d'n'b remix of the major boss theme :

I tried to do that exact same song and I cannot for the life of me get the notes right. I just straight up suck at hearing notes by ear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest comosus

Yo!

I'm usually just lurk these forums but I thought I'd pop out and contribute to your comp. Just sent in my submission and it's a cover of the song Last Battle from the castlevania/metroid style platformer Cave Story. If you haven't played it, you should give it a try -- at least for the music.

It's the song during the final phase of the boss in this video (but don't watch the video unless you want the end of the game spoiled):

[youtubehd]VwqQY7n9r2s[/youtubehd]

Yo!

I'm usually just lurk these forums but I thought I'd pop out and contribute to your comp. Just sent in my submission and it's a cover of the song Last Battle from the castlevania/metroid style platformer Cave Story. If you haven't played it, you should give it a try -- at least for the music.

It's the song during the final phase of the boss in this video (but don't watch the video unless you want the end of the game spoiled):

[youtubehd]VwqQY7n9r2s[/youtubehd]

Got it, thank you! Love it!

I have not heard of this game but it looks like fun, how can I play it?

Guest comosus

http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php

You can download the game free (get the Deluxe Package so it's already patched with the English translation). It's available there for Windows, OSX, and Linux but I think you can run it on a few other platforms. There's also a slightly-less-free hi-res remake for Nintendo Wii as well as a 3D remake for 3DS, I believe, though I've only played the original version.

Also, the full ending is a secret (and super-hard) stage that you can only unlock if you make a few obscure choices early in the game, so I'd recommend trying to find a guide on unlocking the "Hell" stage somewhere if you want to complete the full game without going back. Though it's not a super long game if you do end up having to replay. [=

Archived