IGNORED

tune that have mix/production/mastering that are mind blowing

klore

there are many i could post but today i was listening some random stuff there and there and i came across this

although not the music i'd go first but the (what the thread title says) is huge !!!!

There were a few tracks around this time using bit reduction and noise shaping / dithering aesthetically, but this is the one that really showed me the potential (in the lyrics, and chh, stabs, etc.):

Fucking this whole album is a masterpiece of mixing/mastering, combining gentle and hard aesthetic, binaural recording for crisp 3-d effects, combining live drums and synths, etc.-- incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZSKERJmwg

Highly intentional and aesthetic usage of no hard pitch correction on lead vocals, combined with vocoder and synth magic to create beautiful chord progressions under mainlines-- really a creative and soulful masterpiece, taking some concepts that Cylob (etc.) have worked on and adding a lot of heart- main point about this is the mostly raw nature of main vocals; when combined with the perfect pitch nature of the vocoder bits, creates binaural beats and harmonic vibrations that are very soulful~~ sucking in and out to create pulsing rhythm-- the whole thing is executed so perfectly it seems simple, but it's quite complex:

The YT vids don't do the mixing justice on the following 2, but Timbaland used to be a master of utilizing the highest subtlety for great dynamic range in the midrange for a boxy funk, which hasn't been used much since the "phat" days of breakbeat, late 90's Fatboy Slim, etc. Not only are Timbaland's boxy tones tight as fuck, the grooves suck you in so hard with masterful usage of going off-grid with bd and other bitty elements, fucking dominating most house producers in groove without even trying. These are pop as fuck-- but the first, muthafuckin' listen/feel that shiiit!!!!! Groove so fucking hard, mang. The 2nd Bounce track, that shit came out before popularity of post-dubstep half-beat drumstep/core shit, just pure vibez, man. I recommend a high quality version of late 90's early 00 Timbaland to get schooled in boxy clunk phunk magic.

&&&

Of course, Rustic Raver:

thanks for the effort guys,

really helpful,

this Imogen Heap tune is so special, masterpiece.

i also found this one that have a great sound, the composition and track are quite OK but the quality rises the bar

A lot of 90s Goa trance is super lush, before the trend drifted towards aggressive/dark psychedelic sounds, possibly due to a massive curtailment of the acid supply when this guy was arrested.

where can one find a semi decent psy/goa party in the oakland area these days? I agree about 90s goa, especially earlier 90s like Cosmosis where it almost sounds like an evolution of higher tempo melodic acid techno.

where can one find a semi decent psy/goa party in the oakland area these days? I agree about 90s goa, especially earlier 90s like Cosmosis where it almost sounds like an evolution of higher tempo melodic acid techno.

Good question! It's so long since I went to a party that these days the only decisions I make about going out are which park to take the dog to :cry:

Seriously, I've just been putting a toe in the water to figure that stuff out lately because the Nervasystem guy is a mate and has been thinking of coming out here for a while so I'm digging back in to see what the gig prospects are for him. There's a crew called Pulse-SF that has done a bit weekend festival for the last couple of years and has another coming up, and of course Burning Man is like the annual convention for the psychedelic community, but my impression is that it's just starting over again after a really long period of hibernation, compared to the late 90s when you could go to a party every week if you wanted, sometimes two in the same week. Gimme a shout if you're around here or gonna be visiting, always like to connect with other Goa fans.

Study Vibert tracks for master of clap+snare combo pop. So crisp! So pop! So nice!

I used to blast the fuck out of Drum n Bass For Papa in high school, and listening to that shit now. Fuck, man. Amen SO CRISP AND CLEAN AND POP SO HAWD.

Archived