IGNORED

Losing the 'one' in tracks and knowing it

I thought this thread was going to be about your gf/bf walking out on you because of your autistic obsession with music.

edit: re actual topic, when it does happen, I like to just let it. it tickles your brain.

Edited by usagi

Even now, I can still hear the lifeless electronic toms and percussion reverberating weakly in my memory, shredding any visions of joy or happiness I ever had in my past, now just dark splotches of uninspired kicks crashing against the backs of my eyes, the sadness of the breakdown halfway through the track just perpetually trying to give some emotion to the abyssal chasm of time marred and laid to meaninglessness by that empty combination of sound...

yeah okay aux...

look ,discussion is fine, I'm not arguing that, nor am i aiming to pick a fight with you... but maybe the next time you don't like a particular post, either ignore it or keep it analytical rather than outright bashing it with "track sucks"

the loose 7/8 is exactly why I find it possible to lose the one on, hence why i posted it... it's no one's job to cater to your particular tastes ;)

lol

thank u for teaching me how to forum ghOsty

will b much better now

soz for not knowing, i never read the rules

but you just gave me the only rules that matter. in watmm and perhaps even in life? my tastes, are not always catered to? ;) YES that explains things. if there's a thing and i read it, i can also JUST IGNORE IT? that is great thanks.

big ups m9

jfc

edit: re actual topic, when it does happen, I like to just let it. it tickles your brain.

Yes, I love trying to go back and forth when it's possible... though it isn't always for me, some shit just does my head in no matter....like that Them Crooked Vultures track on the lat page? No way I'd ever actually get used to that 100% of the time.

maybe the next time you don't like a particular post, either ignore it or keep it analytical rather than outright bashing it with "track sucks"

lol wtf you think this is, reddit? WATMM is one of the few places a person can act like a surly geezer and a shameless idiot in the same breath; please save the righteous indignation for elsewhere on the innerwub

maybe the next time you don't like a particular post, either ignore it or keep it analytical rather than outright bashing it with "track sucks"

lol wtf you think this is, reddit? WATMM is one of the few places a person can act like a surly geezer and a shameless idiot in the same breath; please save the righteous indignation for elsewhere on the innerwub
long live watmm

also, track is p shitty imo

• 3 months later...

This source direct track

that's a hard one to follow but i think it's 17/8 if i'm not mistaken... or 4/4 + 9/8...

anyway, almost every last step song...

almost every "djent" band...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I thought this thread was going to be about your gf/bf walking out on you because of your autistic obsession with music.

Haha :)

This source direct track

that's a hard one to follow but i think it's 17/8 if i'm not mistaken... or 4/4 + 9/8...

lol that's actually 4/4 or ( 7/8 + 2/8 + 7/8 + 8/8 + 1/8 + 7/8 ) = 32/8 = 2 X 16/8 = 4/4

stars.mp3

^^ That track is in 7/8. I follow the drum sample that sounds like a footstep (it can be heard at the very beginning of the piece), it repeats every 2+2+3.

It took me ages to follow the pulse of Photek's The Seven Samurai

funny how you detected the 7/8 and this samurai track is 4/4 yet it took you ages like you said... xD but yeah it's hard to follow nonetheless...

This source direct track

lol that's actually 4/4 or ( 7/8 + 2/8 + 7/8 + 8/8 + 1/8 + 7/8 ) = 32/8 = 2 X 16/8 = 4/4

And I got into beat detection mode before scrolling down to see that you figured it out. BPM is 159.4. The question is whether you perceive the first bassline note on 4& or on 1 - judging by the rest of the bassline and the drums, it's on 4&.

And I got into beat detection mode before scrolling down to see that you figured it out. BPM is 159.4. The question is whether you perceive the first bassline note on 4& or on 1 - judging by the rest of the bassline and the drums, it's on 4&.

i based myself on the amen break, i slowed it down so much that i couldn't even hear the bassline... am i cheating at this game? xD

https://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=30677

a cool gem that probably no one ever heard around here:

https://youtu.be/W9QZUBqTvks?t=17m3s

^^ That track is in 7/8. I follow the drum sample that sounds like a footstep (it can be heard at the very beginning of the piece), it repeats every 2+2+3.

It took me ages to follow the pulse of Photek's The Seven Samurai

funny how you detected the 7/8 and this samurai track is 4/4 yet it took you ages like you said... xD but yeah it's hard to follow nonetheless...

There's an easy explanation for that :D I heard Photek's track first when my timekeeping was rubbish; then I got to play lots of percussion-based music alongside musicians who were soloing in 16th note offbeats, across the barline etc like it was a walk in the park; eventually my timekeeping improved; I just heard this 7/8 track recently.

Take a gamelan piece. The gong marks the end of the cycle, not the beginning ie it marks the '4', not the '1'.

There's an easy explanation for that :D I heard Photek's track first when my timekeeping was rubbish; then I got to play lots of percussion-based music alongside musicians who were soloing in 16th note offbeats, across the barline etc like it was a walk in the park; eventually my timekeeping improved; I just heard this 7/8 track recently.

yeah i feel ya, i only got into od time signature detective work when i stumbled upon animals as leaders... right now i don't listen to those bands anymore but that band triggered that in me...

Take a gamelan piece. The gong marks the end of the cycle, not the beginning ie it marks the '4', not the '1'.

will investigate further into this, i think the only gamelan songs i know are from akira ost...