IGNORED

Faith No More To Release New Album After 18 Years

triachus

Christ. There's a shit-tonne of evidence out there that proves FNM are great live. Doesn't even need to be questioned.

Heh. Evidence.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ. There's a shit-tonne of evidence out there that proves FNM are great live. Doesn't even need to be questioned.

Heh. Evidence.

Yeah, I'm thinking this was probably just an off-moment for Mike Bordin. He's clearly got some chops. I think he just got overexcited. Not sure how anything else about the performance could be interpreted as "sucking". Sounds like people are just jumping on the hate-the-aging-rock-band bandwagon.

The three times I've seen FNM live were all since the reunion, and they were absolutely flawless; I couldn't fault the performances at all. Even when Patton crowdsurfed mid-song he didn't miss a note. I don't know how they do it, they're probably the best band I've ever seen live in terms of just how fucking amazing they are.

Guest mildos

I'm finally seeing them for the first time in Austin next week. I started listening to them in high school in 2002 well after they broke up. Then I was living in Florida for the reunion tours in the US. I did get to see Tomahawk and Fantomas when I was living in Michigan though.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, great choice for a single. The vocal performance is out of this world. I can say with confidence that this is my favorite FNM album, and I really hope there's more new material to come.

The computer I'm on right now can't handle streaming videos well, so watching the video will have to wait.

Saw them in 92 and 95, without a doubt two of the best gigs I've seen in my life. Don't care for their new album at all though, and I fucking despise reunions.

I was 13 the last time they came to Australia before the reunion, so reunion shows are a good thing imo, at least when done right (FNM did it right).

I mean, serves me right for being so young huh :rolleyes:

That video's great --ultimate 50 year band reunion. Also, is that a Larry David cameo for a split second between 0:37 and 0:38?

FNM, Failure, MBV and Primus reunions all delivered for me, though I'm not really interested in the Willy Wonka covers album. Green Naulgahyde on the other hand was awesome.

That video's great --ultimate 50 year band reunion. Also, is that a Larry David cameo for a split second between 0:37 and 0:38?

FNM, Failure, MBV and Primus reunions all delivered for me, though I'm not really interested in the Willy Wonka covers album. Green Naulgahyde on the other hand was awesome.

And Portishead!

I always hear about terrible band reunions, but I can't really think of any. Then again, my favorite albums of the bands I like almost never coincide with the ones that are most universally praised. For instance, I think Hail to the Thief is easily Radiohead's best, but I don't think I've ever seen that opinion shared by anyone else. Even the band/Godrich consider that one to be a weak point.

Archived