IGNORED

London Syro Listening Event - 05/09/14, 8pm

lawrenke

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some vocal stuff in the middle that reminded me of the beginning of the rubber Johnny track. Dunno if it was at the beginning or end of a track or if it was the short one in the middle (sorry can't be bothered to look at track list, I'm drunk and trying to reheat a fucking stew). There was a wicked breaksy track in there, really funky, where the rhythm seemed to alternate between straight and really swung. Seem to remember at one point at end.of a tracks he just says something, or was I imagining thatc :/

was the breaksy track this one?

Loved it loved lt loved it. From track 5 it's stellar. Wasn't feeling tracks 2 ,3 and 4 so much but that may change after listening on some headphones.

It's kinda hard to remember the details of tracks but I really don't think you'll be disappointed with this.

Was very nice to meet a couple of WATMMERS (EnceyM and Grit) and some random dude from Hull who doesn't post on here

Metz is boring to my ears mate. 10 mins of wankery (bring on the flame). I love mini pops and tracks 5 onwards from what i heard tonight. I will not be able to form a true opinion until i get to hear it on the phones, but seriously, when i said you guys won't be disappointed by this, what I really meant was 'holy fuckballs, y'all gonna jizz all over this shit' (or something).

Editing to add: slightly miffed that I only got the booklet freebie, seems like they had run out of the rest of the stuff (bag stickers etc). They knew how many tickets they gave out, so I can only assume they had some of the freebies away themselves.

I'm annoyed with myself for being annoyed about stickers. I'm 36 years old

ifeelspace: I must have got your sticker....my bag came with 2

Was good to meet up and talk trackermatte, kettel...and aphex

Was not so good queing up to get our phones back

To me, the Metz track starts and ends brilliantly - but meanders off in the middle

The sound system at The Laundry didn't provide the clarity to pick out the detail, so I'm not writing it off.

There were lots of processed vocals, aphex acid in full effect, hints of Come To Daddy, Rubber Johnny and the tracks lead & build from each other - no real jarring changes until the final piano piece.

Cant wait for my vinyl !

Guest jasondonervan

After all the trouble of arranging to go, I had to stay home and deal with work shit late afternoon that 'absolutely cannot wait til Monday' (not my words, trust me)... couldn't risk losing connection on the train, which meant I missed my intended train, and I knew damn well I wouldn't make it if I were to take a later train so had to sack it offf. Seriously gutted, spent most of last night in a right pissy mood. Sorry I didn't get back to those on PM planning to meet to update you, I just wanted to write off last night and not think about missing out.

In the cold hard light of the early morning, I'm at least warmed by the impressions of those who went, that it sounds great, and all the ID'd tracks are in... and especially that aisatsana sounding very close to the version as heard at the Barbican.

The moral of the story: never agree to cover your boss while he's on holiday :trashbear:

After all the trouble of arranging to go, I had to stay home and deal with work shit late afternoon that 'absolutely cannot wait til Monday' (not my words, trust me)... couldn't risk losing connection on the train, which meant I missed my intended train, and I knew damn well I wouldn't make it if I were to take a later train so had to sack it offf. Seriously gutted, spent most of last night in a right pissy mood. Sorry I didn't get back to those on PM planning to meet to update you, I just wanted to write off last night and not think about missing out.

In the cold hard light of the early morning, I'm at least warmed by the impressions of those who went, that it sounds great, and all the ID'd tracks are in... and especially that aisatsana sounding very close to the version as heard at the Barbican.

The moral of the story: never agree to cover your boss while he's on holiday :trashbear:

bummer, sorry to hear that.

You should have fired up WATMM and showed him what all the fuss was about

5fe03ddff8bc25ec63b2ae5db308290ee87ceeea

Just remembered, I think one of the tracks started with the microphone feedback pendulum stuff he was doing at barbican(?was it there? Somewhere anyway. With the disco balls), Could've just been really dissonant synth, but my money's on mic feedback

There was some vocal stuff in the middle that reminded me of the beginning of the rubber Johnny track. Dunno if it was at the beginning or end of a track or if it was the short one in the middle (sorry can't be bothered to look at track list, I'm drunk and trying to reheat a fucking stew). There was a wicked breaksy track in there, really funky, where the rhythm seemed to alternate between straight and really swung. Seem to remember at one point at end.of a tracks he just says something, or was I imagining thatc :/

was the breaksy track this one?

Quality, not heard that before, but no pretty sure that wasn't played

Guest jasondonervan

bummer, sorry to hear that.

You should have fired up WATMM and showed him what all the fuss was about

5fe03ddff8bc25ec63b2ae5db308290ee87ceeea

All I can say is *looks over shoulder* I'm not this guy's biggest fan right now

ObamaLaughing.jpg

There was some vocal stuff in the middle that reminded me of the beginning of the rubber Johnny track. Dunno if it was at the beginning or end of a track or if it was the short one in the middle (sorry can't be bothered to look at track list, I'm drunk and trying to reheat a fucking stew).

That sounds like the description of the beginning of CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix]

Loved it loved lt loved it. From track 5 it's stellar. Wasn't feeling tracks 2 ,3 and 4 so much but that may change after listening on some headphones.

It's kinda hard to remember the details of tracks but I really don't think you'll be disappointed with this.

Was very nice to meet a couple of WATMMERS (EnceyM and Grit) and some random dude from Hull who doesn't post on here

I agree wholeheartedly! Most of the music, notably the break-y one towards the end, was stella®.

I liked the vibes too, and it was really good to meet you guys.

ifeelspace: I must have got your sticker....my bag came with 2

Was good to meet up and talk trackermatte, kettel...and aphex

Was not so good queing up to get our phones back

To me, the Metz track starts and ends brilliantly - but meanders off in the middle

The sound system at The Laundry didn't provide the clarity to pick out the detail, so I'm not writing it off.

There were lots of processed vocals, aphex acid in full effect, hints of Come To Daddy, Rubber Johnny and the tracks lead & build from each other - no real jarring changes until the final piano piece.

Cant wait for my vinyl !

I agree, has a very good "album" flow to it, and a lot of scope. Great to meet you --

Guest transmisiones ferox

"The whole thing is fucking wicked though, some amazing jungly track near the end. Apache break workout :) Singapore track was just amazing..fuck."

Yeah I think by track-by-track review this is "earthportal mix", really looking forward for it, and Singapore track, yeah that track is my favorite from that I heard (mininpops, metz)

I've always liked the ATP track live recording, seems like a beautifully rhythmical bubbling track, it barely seems to get a mention though I gather from previous threads that it is on the album as 4 bit 9d api+e+6.

anyone who got to hear it at the listening party got any thoughts on that lil number?

i directly asked a guy who was on this particular event to find if that exact tracks have been played, i don't care who and when confirmed this before, even the queen herself gosh...one thing is youtube copyright crack confirmation, and other - official listening

the guy that posted that was at the event tonight

This was on it

are you serious lol?

which track was it?

edit: also that kind of sucks in my books. Don't want that track taking up real estate...

Yup, can't remember which one..5?

I understood it that the mix tracks were collabs or have I got it wrong?

hey chunks

curious why that is your understanding. Did you read it somewhere?

a few of the tracks are collabs with the usual suspects (vibert, cylob, lfo, etc); this was confirmed elsewhere by one of the people involved.

Guest trananhhung

The singapore track really caught my attention yesterday. For now, I'll say it was my favourite.

Lovely vibe yesterday. Everyone was really happy and talking to everyone. It was a special thing but I was still hoping for Richard to show up or maybe a video.

Archived