IGNORED

London Syro Listening Event - 05/09/14, 8pm

lawrenke

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're so lucky you had the chance to attend that one you guys, glad to hear everyone had a great time.

The whole thing is fucking wicked though, some amazing jungly track near the end. Apache break workout :)

The whole thing sounds like a relatively "laid back", more dance oriented, funky, next level Tuss collection of tracks. Would you say that apart from this one track anyone hoping for a more "no holds barred breaks + melodies from heaven" ride (see, I'm trying hard to refrain from using words such as "Drukqs" or "Drill 'n bass") is bound to be disappointed? I am sure it's all great stuff anyway.

After all the trouble of arranging to go, I had to stay home and deal with work shit late afternoon that 'absolutely cannot wait til Monday' (not my words, trust me)... couldn't risk losing connection on the train, which meant I missed my intended train, and I knew damn well I wouldn't make it if I were to take a later train so had to sack it offf. Seriously gutted, spent most of last night in a right pissy mood. Sorry I didn't get back to those on PM planning to meet to update you, I just wanted to write off last night and not think about missing out.

In the cold hard light of the early morning, I'm at least warmed by the impressions of those who went, that it sounds great, and all the ID'd tracks are in... and especially that aisatsana sounding very close to the version as heard at the Barbican.

The moral of the story: never agree to cover your boss while he's on holiday :trashbear:

Damn, man. That sucks.

After all the trouble of arranging to go, I had to stay home and deal with work shit late afternoon that 'absolutely cannot wait til Monday' (not my words, trust me)... couldn't risk losing connection on the train, which meant I missed my intended train, and I knew damn well I wouldn't make it if I were to take a later train so had to sack it offf. Seriously gutted, spent most of last night in a right pissy mood. Sorry I didn't get back to those on PM planning to meet to update you, I just wanted to write off last night and not think about missing out.

In the cold hard light of the early morning, I'm at least warmed by the impressions of those who went, that it sounds great, and all the ID'd tracks are in... and especially that aisatsana sounding very close to the version as heard at the Barbican.

The moral of the story: never agree to cover your boss while he's on holiday :trashbear:

Damn, man. That sucks.

Man..... feeeling for you JD!

So glad to hear Minehead(atp) track is confirmed. I wonder were any of the other tracks something somebody heard once at a Aphex DJ set and only now reallise it was himself.....yo know like a track from primavera 2002 or something....

Just got back from the London listening event. Few pics here, including my very limited notes I made in the darkness and the goodies we got at the end.

To confirm: METZ, SINGAPORE(WOBBLY CHORDS), BARBICAN and COPENHAGEN(SNOWBOMBING) tracks all feature on the album. We already knew Manchester was on there.

Overall vibe was Tuss-meets-Drukqs beats kinda thing. Sounds absolutely wicked, loads of amazing production and programming as expected, with lush synths and stuff as well. Some of the tracks in the latter stage of the album really pick up the pace a la Mont st. Michel/54 Cymru beats. Track 3 has a great swung hip-hop kinda feel with lots of great synth bits. Second half of track 9 is particularly special, as are the whole of 6 and 8; interesting development throughout. The short interlude (track 7) didn't really sound great on the soundsystem; kinda like MIDI guitar chords. Track 11 has this quick snappy snare motif thing. One of the tracks (can't remember which) had super classic chords/synth sound, like ICBYD/RDJ era.

Will post some more once it comes back to me, gonna listen to the live recordings again and see what else I can recall. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl with some nice headphones, will be a different experience. hope that informs some of ya!

eRhiQgSl.jpg

3VyOSl5l.jpg

JhfKFMyl.jpg

Anyone willing to sell his booklet? contact me via pm

Just got back from the London listening event. Few pics here, including my very limited notes I made in the darkness and the goodies we got at the end.

To confirm: METZ, SINGAPORE(WOBBLY CHORDS), BARBICAN and COPENHAGEN(SNOWBOMBING) tracks all feature on the album. We already knew Manchester was on there.

Overall vibe was Tuss-meets-Drukqs beats kinda thing. Sounds absolutely wicked, loads of amazing production and programming as expected, with lush synths and stuff as well. Some of the tracks in the latter stage of the album really pick up the pace a la Mont st. Michel/54 Cymru beats. Track 3 has a great swung hip-hop kinda feel with lots of great synth bits. Second half of track 9 is particularly special, as are the whole of 6 and 8; interesting development throughout. The short interlude (track 7) didn't really sound great on the soundsystem; kinda like MIDI guitar chords. Track 11 has this quick snappy snare motif thing. One of the tracks (can't remember which) had super classic chords/synth sound, like ICBYD/RDJ era.

Will post some more once it comes back to me, gonna listen to the live recordings again and see what else I can recall. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl with some nice headphones, will be a different experience. hope that informs some of ya!

eRhiQgSl.jpg

3VyOSl5l.jpg

JhfKFMyl.jpg

Anyone willing to sell his booklet? contact me via pm

same here. am interested!

Sorry guys, gonna hold onto mine, perhaps store it in the record sleeve. Hope you manage to find one for a reasonable price as these were free after all.

it's all good, don't blame you! maybe I missed it or haven't looked thru the last few pages of the main Syro thread, what are on these cards? Is it all i'm seeing in the photo? thanks for any info

Sorry guys, gonna hold onto mine, perhaps store it in the record sleeve. Hope you manage to find one for a reasonable price as these were free after all.

it's all good, don't blame you! maybe I missed it or haven't looked thru the last few pages of the main Syro thread, what are on these cards? Is it all i'm seeing in the photo? thanks for any info

They're 10-page booklets with black and white 'logo treatments' by Timothy Saccenti, basically the Aphex logo distorted and manipulated. Looks cool, will upload some photos in a bit.

They're 10-page booklets with black and white 'logo treatments' by Timothy Saccenti, basically the Aphex logo distorted and manipulated. Looks cool, will upload some photos in a bit.

that's pretty awesome sounding. thanks in advance if you get around to uploading those! :aphexsign:

eRhiQgSl.jpg

RE #12:

Same in LA. Everyone was chattering but it kind of added to it. Then someone went "SSShhhhhhhh!!!!!" really loud 4 or 5 times and everyone shut up. Either way, powerful music.

Archived