IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

I'm not the worlds biggest Clark fan, but enjoy checking his stuff out. That Superscope 12" was really good, Iradelphic I never listened too (perhaps once) so I'm pretty fickle. Hope this is good...

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

I'm shocked he's doing a self titled but I couldn't me more excited. just as syro fatigue will be settling in, this monster is going to appear. I bet this album is a beast.

especially coming from someone where whenever album is announced it's greeted with bombardment of "always loved his track titles" comments.

boring album title. boring cover. Iradelphic was a nice album title though so I doubt it really counts for anything tho :)

Whats the biggie with doing a self titled album?

Nowt wrong with this. His facebook message said he felt extremely proud / honoured to have made a wicked album that he is pleased with (*edit* those are more than likely not the words that he said) so calling it "Clark" is a bit of a statement of intent.

Looking forward.

Guest bitroast

I don't really like it but I don't really hate it either. i'm sure it doesn't matter really.

looking forward to hearing it. clark rarely disappoints and the recent material has sounded great :)

Just gotten around to listening. Really looking forward to this. Every release he ahs done have had amazing gems.

I'd love to hear something along the lines/mix of of Urgent Hell Jack and Penultimate Persian.

Clark is losing his magic for me since Totems Flare.

I feel the same. But really, re: the signature sound, that is what he is LOSING. The synth verbs on totems flare are some of the most original things he has ever done, and if it were up to me, he would explore different melodic ideas while keeping that aesthetic. Totems Flare is the perfect template. Outside Plume opens by introducing the general sonority, texture, and tone of the album, a sample of the full spectrum of the album. It ends on that heart wrenching warm/cold autumn synth space. It's really a dire album. Talis? Infallible piece of work, maybe the emotional heart of the album. Absence? Do you know of a better album closer?

All that about him collecting samples for 3 years on a spirit journey through iceland for iradelphic, and then it's just a harpsichord jam, and the backing synth, instead of improvised like it should be, is a repeated sample? No no no.

Re: Unfurla, he is going to have to unfurl more than that for me to make up my mind about whether or not we will get a true return of Clark.

Archived