IGNORED

Aphex Twin: minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix

Joyrex

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staadrengen is fucking lush.

I'm at home watching the seahawks v packers game. I've listened to minipops several times now. The start of the NFL season, a proper version of Manchester & several beers in. A glorious evening. Warm & humid in Detroit. A nice moon & bats flying overhead. This track has grown deeper on each listen. So much depth buried in there. Rich's wife chiming in at 3 minutes singing into his computer cave. Lish. Everything feels so right at this moment. Like driving into work at 6am in the summer. The sky has that purple/yellow color on the horizon before the sunrise. This world can have so much beauty...

I only hope one day a jazz band will cover Aphex Twin.

Guest JimmySlim

To be honest, of course it's good but

I hope, this is one of the less exciting moments of syro.

In a way something about this syro hype is ugly in a bad way?

Something is a bit unfruitful. I couldn't feel a shocking moment yet.

Maybe its a kind of tristesse...

But I have to wait a bit.

Anyway, a new release is a great moment for somebody

who is watching closely to this kind of phenomenon about

RDJ or Aphex Twin or AFX etc. for more than two decades.

If I'm honest, I getting irritated by the nondescript vocoded bits. When you read pamphlets about aging, they always mention confusion and anger that comes from being unable to understand conversations due to hearing loss. Because it's Richard gabbing, you want to know what he's saying but by design, you're never going to know so I wind up shaking my fist like a grandpa at the speaker. I want to relax and enjoy it from a textural standpoint but the WATMM machine always starts its engines on the decoding/interpreting and then autism intensifies on my part.

lol

I like your description of yourself =)

grandpa speaking a fist at the speaker: speak real words. it's lush but you're not englishing proper

get off my lawn etc

Love the vocals coming in towards the end. The detuning, inflection and melodies are just ace. Mixed perfectly. The little polysynth stuff that goes on in the background... I can go on, but seriously, anyone complaining about this, please just light yourself on fire. You won't be able to buy the moon or walk on water, it's just over, end it now.

I could not be more excited to hear what else comes off Syro. Being a very enthusiastic fan - I am overjoyed and glad to hear some fresh, original music from Mr. James.

It's funny, i was thinking that the stats in the youtube picture could help you plan your tour you know. "oh i should go to mexico as well, they like me more than japan does." Poland was pretty up there as well, much electronic love there. Won't be long before he's getting a medal or something from that place, like their Legion of Honour or whatever they have there.

The stats might change over the weekend though, maybe that's when japan will represent. Cause unlike the UK and the US they aren't looking at youtube clips on the net whilst at work. They're probably actually bloody working.

Archived