IGNORED

spl47 on upcoming "Touched II" compilation

MarcinKoczot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spl47 was pretty good but rest of the tracks are so far pretty boring and they sound so alike as they're coming from the same artist. wtf? is this the newest thing? complete mirroring? i mean not just composing but also sounding completely the same, general eq'ing, dynamics, reverbs, delays, filters, synths and levels/mixing, like everybody's using same presets for sound sources AND processing. am i missing something here?

Well it is down to Martin's taste regarding what he chooses for the stream so he may prefer a certain aesthetic and all the tracks end up sounding somewhat thematic or similar...

There is also the distinct possibility that you are a cynical twat-head :p

am i missing something here?

a <3

mirroring as a cure for loneliness and lack of love? as in ''i understand your synth and eq settings and i'm using the same so we are not alone anymore, we are one now''? :cat:

spl47 was pretty good but rest of the tracks are so far pretty boring and they sound so alike as they're coming from the same artist. wtf? is this the newest thing? complete mirroring? i mean not just composing but also sounding completely the same, general eq'ing, dynamics, reverbs, delays, filters, synths and levels/mixing, like everybody's using same presets for sound sources AND processing. am i missing something here?

Yes, 10 years

oh, no question about it

Yes, 10 years

so, actually, i missed nothing :cerious:

oh, no question about it

Yes, 10 years

I don't know why you think it's the newest thing, it's been like that for ages, it's a dying style.

oh, no question about it

Yes, 10 years

I don't know why you think it's the newest thing, it's been like that for ages, it's a dying style.

i no but not in this amount of details and was usually in more commercial genres

waitaminute, waitAminute! what's that got to do with anything?! was i wrong? no, so what then?

i think you recognize your self in my description of them and their work of mirrors.

classic :p

I mean yeah you've been missing the fact that most producers in electronic music have always mirrored eachother. The only thing 'new'in 2014 is that the terms experimental and weird are so overused that practically nothing music press describes this way is actually either experimental or weird. Not sure if it applies to this compilation since I've only heard the AE track

your description is similar to how i felt about Planet-Mu post-death of IDM, i would randomly listen to tracks from different albums and think to myself 'wait.. what?'

Guest murphythecat8

Well it is down to Martin's taste regarding what he chooses for the stream so he may prefer a certain aesthetic and all the tracks end up sounding somewhat thematic or similar...

for me, at this point, I find every autechre track alike and find them,for the most part, fucking boring.

but I adore a lot of new artist that you can find on touched. no, I say a lot and its a lie. I agree with xox, most of the new scene just plain suck. They excell at percussion and sound fx, no doubt, but the quality of the melodies are pathetic. im sorry folk, but ceephax, dmx crew, they all suck at melodies. its terrible. this is how i feel. most of the new stuff is terrible melodically wise. its just plain cliché most of the time

I doubt xox even listened to 10 track of the new touched 2 before stating his ''opinion''.

Guest bitroast

whhoarrrr!!!!myyyyy gawwwwwd the flubby wubby LFO-y bass with rolling snares in this is all just really rather fucking OH shit! new sounding synth ( maybe it's just an edited earlier synth i dunno??) came in now it's sounding even more incredible.

wow.

mind blowing track*u* !! this is great.

Nice track. Nothing mindblowing, but on the same level as some of the weaker tracks on exai imo.

I don't really like the mixing however, the first half of the track sounds like its missing low end and it almost sounds like it's mono.

It only really gets going when the stereo business and the voice-sounding noise (which I like a lot) kick in.

Guest fucktechre

whhoarrrr!!!!myyyyy gawwwwwd the flubby wubby LFO-y bass with rolling snares in this is all just really rather fucking OH shit! new sounding synth ( maybe it's just an edited earlier synth i dunno??) came in now it's sounding even more incredible.

wow.

mind blowing track*u* !! this is great.

+0xFFFF

In love with the squelches in this. Autechre delivered, again. Mindblowing.

+255

Guest fucktechre

This is really fucking awesome. I just donated, didn't get music, and the contact us page leads me to an error which dumps the Amazon public/secret key. My credit card info is in good hands. :diablo:

Guest fucktechre

God damn it. I have no way of contacting anyone about this, there's no contact info. Arrrgh! The charity ate my money and I didn't get the awesome musics. :(

Archived