IGNORED

D'Arcangelo Back Catalogue

Guest nortnok

Changed the title :)

So we have Monolith coming up with a bandcamp soon, now D'Arcangelo too (I really hope it'll be through Bandcamp...), Ceephax, EOD and Aleksi Perala recently did. If only Grant would do the whole back catalogue but that's probably never gonna happen :) he offered the best stuff through the rephlex.com website and it's out there now.

Grant has different goals reading his elusive facebook comments (replying to a changing music industry):

"easy, sod the industry then and just make, share, enjoy, explore music:"

It surely can't be that difficult to have a digital Rephlex website. I mean, what they had was pretty cool. If it's too much of a hassle to put physical music out there, why not stick to digitals only (downloads) and then, maybe do physicals only for the very special releases if anything? Too much great music will go unnoticed for the generations to come, because it's very hard to find Rephlex stuff these days. If they could have a Rephlex online repository where you can buy individual releases or individual tracks, so they control everything instead of a 3rd party, they wouldn't need to manage anything, it runs itself. You just have to pay the hosting which is not that much. Sure, lots of people will just download the stuff, but don't understimate the niceness of people. A lot of people is willing to pay for it just because it gets put out on Rephlex, and it supports the artist and label directly. Pretty sure that if Richard becomes active again, a lot of people would check Rephlex stuff as a result. All that's needed is a website. Even new releases could be put there with minimum effort, as long as they stay digital only.

Right, duh--why did I forget about Bandcamp? That would be much better than iTunes. I hope to see all the Rephlex I was missing on Bandcamp sometime soon. That would be nice.

I really wish Planet Mu could obtain the Rephlex back catalog, those two labels would taste great together.

I've also played with this idea although sadly it's quite unlikely it would really happen. Like, what other label had enough street credit to continue Rephlex's work than Mu? I can't really see Warp being interested since Rephlex artists are supported by a fairly small group of followers. Mike is also a friend of Richard and Grant so it would be natural that Rephlex landed on his hands. Only little difference between our hopes is that I've thought that Mu could continue releasing Rephlex artists instead of only putting out re-releases of their back catalogue. Hopes and wishes...

Sorry for shitty english. I'm soooo tired. Should go to sleep. Bye bye

I think rephlex cant be fucked with paying eveyone from the bandcamp hence why the artists should open their own camps to sell their records

Surely people will continue to buy the back catalogue based on the fact that its good music, now more then ever people are being exposed to electronic music and you know that over time a small amount seep into the cracks and find rephlex. I felt guilty p2ping lots of stuff but if i cant pay for it... trying to collect vinyls anyways from now on

Archived