IGNORED

Minipops 67 (stereo inverse)

goonstock

It would have a good idea to make the stereo difference from a lossless file, the process has a way of highlighting the mp3 artifacts.

@yek: One of the stereo channels (left or right) has been phase inverted, and when the two stereo parts are played in mono what is panned center (ie represented in both channels in equal amounts) will be subtracted due to phase cancellation.

@yek: One of the stereo channels (left or right) has been phase inverted, and when the two stereo parts are played in mono what is panned center (ie represented in both channels in equal amounts) will be subtracted due to phase cancellation.

ah, i think i get it. thanks

it sounds great but i still dont get what stereo inversing is...

it sounds great but i still dont get what stereo inversing is...

yeah it still doesn't quite explain it to me enough, explain it to me like im 5

that the kick is gone means that it's mostly center-panned right? the stuff that is prominent in the inverted version, that stuff is "sided" so to speak-- it is predominately on the L or R channel. AFX does so much widening (Haas effect). how would that play out? most widening is achieved by sorta chorusing the signal, that is, doubling the signal and making the other signal slightly off in time so create the wide-sounding effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived