pain or xtc

?

38 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

weaksauce

This is the

Falling in Love with Analord thread

not the

Falling in ugh, weaksauce with Analord thread

Please Powers That Be, put Analord up on Spotify or at least put it up on Aphex Store. I'm befuddled why this Beast IDM Beats are snoozing somewhere in an obscure twilight zone. YouTube does the job but c'mon! Who the fuck wants a massive mountain of vinyl, sat in your bedroom like Gollum with his precious. I want to be barbequing mackerel in the garden this summer with Phontacid blasting on my digital device.

Surely it is the time that the AnaLORD cometh! 

Edited by beer badger

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

Please Powers That Be, put Analord up on Spotify or at least put it up on Aphex Store. I'm befuddled why this Beast IDM Beats are snoozing somewhere in an obscure twilight zone. YouTube does the job but c'mon! Who the fuck wants a massive mountain of vinyl, sat in your bedroom like Gollum with his precious. I want to be barbequing mackerel in the garden this summer with Phontacid blasting on my digital device.

It's really not that hard to find the flacs, and since it's an unavailable greyzone if they're not in a shop, it's a-OK for me.

Probably requires some corporate busy work to be done on the Rephlex side of things which is now defunct which would mean someone would be paying with either time or money to make it happen instead of someone who's job it is to do it which is a run on sentence to say ain't gonna happen, just let it stand as a time capsule of music history.

5 hours ago, beer badger said:

It’s because it’s not very good and its main proponents forced themselves to like because of a personality cult tbh

6 hours ago, beer badger said:

spotify is garbage m9, digital vinyls are the only way

W32.Deadcode.A live from recent tour brought me here.

How did i miss this lushness?

Thats one of RDJ's DJ sets greatnesses - his own tracks always come alive and take me back to the original  with a new enthusiasm 

It’s because it’s not very good and its main proponents forced themselves to like because of a personality cult tbh
rude

13 hours ago, hello spiral said:

with all your talk of

butts

I thought

Analord

would be right up your alley

analord is my absolute favouritest aphex. nothing to do with any personality cult or worship or whatever. i think aphex is a cunt.

• Burger 1

18 hours ago, hello spiral said:

We're talking about Analord, which has a lot of RDJ's best material though, not Tomorrow's Harvest. 

Analord has always been a mixed bag, but it's the kind of mixed bag that has something for (well almost) everybody. I probably like around 2/3rds of the tracks. To me it's kinda like the soundcloud dump where he threw out a ton of tracks, and you dig some and don't care for others.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:01 PM, hello spiral said:

I can't imagine forcing myself to like something... that I don't like, lol.

This is one of my favorites. Top 5 analord for me and it didn't even make the cut. It was tied in with analord 11 in 2009, but I like it a lot more than analord 11.

Edited by Brisbot

On 6/6/2019 at 4:01 PM, hello spiral said:

sounds a bit like merzblows fans ?

Edited by StephenG

This is one of my favorites. Top 5 analord for me and it didn't even make the cut. It was tied in with analord 11 in 2009, but I like it a lot more than analord 11.

Fuck yeah Love 7

The only thing really wrong with Analord is that for most of the subsequent decade 90% of IDM was blatant Analord ripoffs. Otherwise, it has some of his aesthetically finest material and most evocative melodies.

I'm sure if Analord was released in a more coherent user-friendly way it would be more appreciated. 

Analord is his best material which will grow on you over time imo. A fine tapestry of work.