IGNORED

Falling in love with Analord

Guest LoveRhino

1 hour ago, Uros said:

reddit fed up waiting for the bleepstore update and put up a petition for digilords.

I figure he can't be bothered with it, probably too much work to do all the administrative stuff with licensing etc.

I was probably the last one to get these in spring 2014

I bought all the Analord series and it came with the bonus tracks

64 Tracks in Total

I Remember it wouldn't go to the Rephlex page to order unless I put in tracks or something after the /

anyone who tried the site at the time will know what I'm talking about

My order confirmation was all capitalized letters like this (KQDAUXTC)

but can't find where I saved the email copy

I downloaded them and two days later I was going to get some of the Analogue Bubblebath series

and it shut for good

Since Analord is nowhere to be found or bought in digital

Give me a sign RDJ

and

I'll share:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hijexx said:

I figure he can't be bothered with it, probably too much work to do all the administrative stuff with licensing etc.

sounds like the interface is tricky as hell, but licensing issues? i though everybody owned their material post-rephlex?

On 5/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, hijexx said:

I think everything he does has to go through Chrysalis

Anyone knows what exactly the deal with Chrysalis implies? Wouldn't the Analords already be licensed by Chrysalis from their release in 2005 and 2009 on Rephlex?

My basic understanding is that Chrysalis has to do with the rights of the compositions and not the audio recordings and performances, but since RDJ's Chrysalis deal seems to cover all his tracks across all aliases, is the deal covering every single compositions he comes up with before they are commercially released? Warp seems to only own the recordings they release on their label.

While we're on the subject, why was Analord 10 credited to Aphex Twin and not AFX (on Chosen Lords too)? I know the tracks on 10 are much more polished than the rest of the series, just wondering if there was an official explanation.

Edited by jchgf

17 hours ago, jchgf said:

While we're on the subject, why was Analord 10 credited to Aphex Twin and not AFX (on Chosen Lords too)? I know the tracks on 10 are much more polished than the rest of the series, just wondering if there was an official explanation.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, diatoms said:

Does anyone else listen in order

Aphex Twin Analord 10

then

AFX Analord 1-9,11

because that's the order of release date?

of course follow up the end of Analord with Love 7

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This series is so addictive. Even when I'm not particularly into the melodies of some tracks I still get hooked listening to all the crazy 303, 101 farts and whatnot in sync with the old school drumcomputers. Phonatacid is crazy good, someone on YouTube described it as a haunted Chicago disco, with all Roland machines playing by themselves, hell yeah. And the fx used, amazing: springs, tape echo, bbd, maybe plate etc. Those 808 and 606 hihats saturating the tape. And all those album covers of old school gear and forests. All very mysterious, beautiful and I get serious GAS and also gas

• Like 7

Also sounds like he had loads of fun making these. Lots of hardware centered, single takes maybe? It's like these are top tier acid jams, turning the stuff into serious art. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Fucking miserable sunday (weather wise) might lock myself up in the shed with a bottle of red wine and get stuck in. It's also perfect weather for Surfing On Sine Waves, which'll be up first.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So I was shuffling my phone library while going back home and W32.Deadcode.A came on

I never paid enough attention to Analord past 6 or 7 i think every time I listened to the entire series but holy shit this track makes me want to reconsider that. Pure bliss especially that second half. Hope it isn't too underrated amongst other Aphex fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X4creek said:

So I was shuffling my phone library while going back home and W32.Deadcode.A came on

I never paid enough attention to Analord past 6 or 7 i think every time I listened to the entire series but holy shit this track makes me want to reconsider that. Pure bliss especially that second half. Hope it isn't too underrated amongst other Aphex fans

proper banger

analord 8 is definitely my favourite of the bunch

2 hours ago, X4creek said:

45 tracks - 3 hours and 33 minutes if you listen to analord start to finish with Love 7 bonus track to finish

wish I could take this acid journey for the first time again

but even after hundreds of spins

it still gives up secrets

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

rave

• Like 2

I've been listening through the lot several times recently, and I just can't get into them - at least not anymore. There's some occasional pleasantry, but the full experience is decidedly meh.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, X4creek said:

that one is on my top5 analord tracks list! so warm sounding and feeling; as you say... pure bliss!

i often try to pinpoint the moment i lost most of my definite excitement for new rdj work, and i think it’s between icbyd + rdj album original releases ... the slight return to form is this run of ep’s + chosen lords. 

odd thing to do, but it’s caused by a mix of having spoken to a member of staff at sister ray when HAB released + he said he was done with his work as it was using a style found in some form elsewhere, and an ongoing career and appearance of new fans over the years who haven’t necessarily been able to hear it all as it first appeared, their different perspectives + appreciation.

i don’t actually like (but understand, appreciate) the sense of humour of most of the work since the mid 90s. i like miserable richard better.

I recently finished buying all the EP's and filling my Analord binder. Took 15 years or so, but I'm glad. Analord was what inspired me to get my first synth after 10+ years of guitar playing and drumming.

Some parts of the series will be in my head almost constantly. Absolutely perfect 10/10. I'm not the hugest fan of analord 9, but it opened me up to some harder acid stuffs

• Like 2