IGNORED

Falling in love with Analord

Guest LoveRhino

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Steppingfilter 101 was the best choice to kick off the entire series.

fresh, funky, fun, fantastic, and unforgettable track

Edited by cyanobacteria

50 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Steppingfilter 101 was an odd choice to kick off the entire series.

(Been a while since I went through the whole thing... not sure I ever did tbh, so... here we go.)

I love that intro, the little tape manipulation and reverbs that come back at the end. 

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Where's Your Girlfriend would've been fresher, funner, fantasticker and unforgettabler as a series opener imoer.

to me wheres your girlfriend is a depressing beautiful soul wrenching journey into the abyss, not a fun opener. im self employed on the other hanbd..

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

(Been a while since I went through the whole thing... not sure I ever did tbh, so... here we go.)

it was a perfect choice imo because it's low-key, pretty eerie, very nerdy and funky. it's a nice warm-up and a very humble invitation to join the dance of the vampires/witches' rave or something. imo

• Like 6

I enjoy the progression of the series from the sketchy bare bones of 1 and 2, which often sound like tracks of x0x boxes and effects, then starting to get what sounds like some slightly more exotic gear/complex production details by 3 & 4, by 8 to 10 youve got all these breaks, pianos, and stuff like Deadcode or xmd5a which were as cutting edge as Drukqs was a few years prior.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 11:29 PM, brian trageskin said:

it was a perfect choice imo because it's low-key, pretty eerie, very nerdy and funky. it's a nice warm-up and a very humble invitation to join the dance of the vampires/witches' rave or something. imo

Yeah i can't really think of a better track to begin the Analord collection with. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Key said:

I enjoy the progression of the series from the sketchy bare bones of 1 and 2, which often sound like tracks of x0x boxes and effects, then starting to get what sounds like some slightly more erotic gear/complex production details by 3 & 4, by 8 to 10 youve got all these breaks, pianos, and stuff like Deadcode or xmd5a which were as cutting edge as Drukqs was a few years prior.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 10:05 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Fenix Funk 5 & Xmd 5a - Aphex Twin

always go first in my journey since they were released first

followed by the rest of Analord by AFX

• Like 1

i could just imagine rdj pulling a roland out from under his bed or whatever, pushing the dust off, pressing a few buttons and making the opening of Fenix Funk 5 in about twenty seconds. just him sliding a knob or two to get those lush sweeps.

15 hours ago, Dragon said:

i could just imagine rdj pulling a roland out from under his bed or whatever, pushing the dust off, pressing a few buttons and making the opening of Fenix Funk 5 in about twenty seconds. just him sliding a knob or two to get those lush sweeps.

the processing on the break is fucking amazing, that shit slaps so good

8 minutes ago, psn said:

I tried to recreate that Doepfer patch a couple of years ago. For recreational purposes. 

sounds nice.  U have a midi file of that bass by any chance  ?

Btw whats the reason  u split it up to the left and right channel ?

19 minutes ago, psn said:

I tried to recreate that Doepfer patch a couple of years ago. For recreational purposes. 

Your Soundcloud has some pretty great stuff on it - you got any releases on Bandcamp or the like?

10 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

sounds nice.  U have a midi file of that bass by any chance  ?

Btw whats the reason  u split it up to the left and right channel ?

I'll have a look for a MIDI file.

Regarding the stereo pan, the patch was described that way in the Syrobonkers interview:

"that 1.54 is a conventional europatch but dual path , so like 2 mono synths, so 2 filters,2 osc's 2, vcas etc i rek it was mostly doepfer modules, there wasnt many other eurorack modules out then anyhow, you can make the doeper modules sound much smoother/delux like that, 2 of everything and pan it"

• Like 2

Whats your guys philosophy on send and inserts effects ? i see u used arturia and a reverb did u use those on sends or insert.

I feel like my synth patches always come out thin sounding. I am only digital though but i feel like that is a weak excuse plenty of people making phat digital synth patches.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, psn said:

that's a very nice rendering, indeed

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My ranking of the top tracks, discounting analord 10 because it's a separate beast. I've been rigorously listening to analord since '05 (it seemed like a big modern date at the time). I used to try to emulate the sounds for years and then buy hardware once I could afford to. I don't have any good answers why this collection of tracks sounds so pivotal, the rest of afx' s output shrinks by comparison. 

My favorites of the extra tracks, that was a great Christmas:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chim said:

My ranking of the top tracks, discounting analord 10 because it's a separate beast. I've been rigorously listening to analord since '05 (it seemed like a big modern date at the time). I used to try to emulate the sounds for years and then buy hardware once I could afford to. I don't have any good answers why this collection of tracks sounds so pivotal, the rest of afx' s output shrinks by comparison. 

My favorites of the extra tracks, that was a great Christmas:

You've got good taste there! My doom is my favorite of the analords and that dead code track might just be my second.

• Like 1