IGNORED

Panda Bear vs. Grim Reaper

jules

From what I've read, it sounds like the new album won't be this year as promised this past February, but sounds like January 2015 is when it's out. a new single is dropping soon and it's going to be this:

that sounds extremely promising.

there is also a mixtape up here:

http://www.pbvsgr.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite hyped for dis - has serious potential to be really excellent (judging by the sound of the live stuff all over youtube).

Recently discovered that AnCo fans are nearly as ravenous as Aphex Twin fans when it comes to live tracks/speculation. I managed to work my way into a wormhole of a live playlist on youtube and some of the stuff in there was top notch. Also theres a forum I think?

Anyway, at the very least, it can't be worse than Centipede Hz, right?

I love Panda Bear.

I see alot of Animal Collective hate online, and I don't quite get it. They're an extremely-experimental electro-acoustic psych-pop project with a huge catalog of interesting and insanely-ambitious stuff.

Anyway, can't wait to hear this.

Guest bitroast

Quite hyped for dis - has serious potential to be really excellent (judging by the sound of the live stuff all over youtube).

Recently discovered that AnCo fans are nearly as ravenous as Aphex Twin fans when it comes to live tracks/speculation. I managed to work my way into a wormhole of a live playlist on youtube and some of the stuff in there was top notch. Also theres a forum I think?

Anyway, at the very least, it can't be worse than Centipede Hz, right?

Cent Hz isnt that bad once you get past the initial offset of energy. Quite like that album:)

I was at the Dallas show and saw him earlier this year at Austin Psych Fest, the new stuff is his best work yet imo. Voice like butter and I think he could whoop the Reaper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds fantastic! High hopes for the LP, could be his best yet - I've always felt like Panda Bear has never released a solid album... Like, he always makes interesting music, but the records are never that great or well put together. Same with AnCo too actually. Hoping this one is different.

^ you're nuts duder

I think I'm going to delete mr Noah from the ep so I don't skip it when the album cones out

the cover art for the album is awful. it looks like a generic gift bag. wtf

the lithograph art and ep art are nice though

Sounds fantastic! High hopes for the LP, could be his best yet - I've always felt like Panda Bear has never released a solid album... Like, he always makes interesting music, but the records are never that great or well put together. Same with AnCo too actually. Hoping this one is different.

I thought Tomboy was fantastic, one of my favorites from 2011.

Idk, maybe I am nuts. Tomboy was just a bit dull for me, but I still loved the sound he explored on it. Same with person pitch - awesome sound, super unique, lots of depth... but a bit meander-y. I shouldn't have applied it to all of AnCo though - Strawberry Jam and Merriweather especially are great full listens.

Anyway, sorry to sidetrack - been listening to the EP all day and it just hasn't stopped growing on me. Can't wait to hear this record. Even splurged on the vinyl + shirt + litho pre-order.

Just listened to the "Mr Noah" EP 3 times.

I preordered it from Domino and they gave me the 24-Bit WAV's, which i couldn't recommend more highly with this EP.
I don't think i've ever experienced such a noticeable difference between MP3 and WAV before.

I really love it. I was obsessed with Person Pitch but initially disappointed with most of Tomboy. Eventually i grew to enjoy it enough to buy the regular vinyl and subsequent expanded vinyl set.

These new songs have all hit me hard immediately. I love the new direction. I got to see him live a few weeks back and it far exceeded my expectations.

I actually felt that way about Animal Collective until Panda Bear's "Person Pitch". I felt like it was the first consistent release from that camp.

Since then i also think "Centipede Hz" is pretty solid, as well as the Avey Tare Slasher Flicks album.

I'm really struggling with the artwork. it is god awful.

not to mention there could not be a bigger disconnect from the title.

the generic party bag meets the grim reaper

Guest bitroast

I'm really struggling with the artwork. it is god awful.

not to mention there could not be a bigger disconnect from the title.

the generic party bag meets the grim reaper

heh. i actually don't mind it. the whole package looks quite nice imo in a it looks like it'll play tricks with your eyes ala merriweather kind of way :)

looks like fun.

panda_lp_open.jpg

Archived