IGNORED

CEEPHAX LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!!!

J3FF3R00

Those of you posting pictures: I love you

Any comments on what he was playing, and what was best received?

Some of the videos of phaxalot live look really amazing, I hope he did some version of it.

From what I remember he opened both Bay Area show's with Flogan's Code Part II, he did Friend Track at both shows (my personal fave!), Life Funk was in there at SF, Commuter, Sidney's Sizzler, Acid On Sea, a good portion of UAE, a few others I can't name, some unreleased stuff and he ended in Oakland on Prelude In 303 Major (possibly mixing into something else). All around Sly Stallone grade explosive action from every direction! Thanks Andy, w303t!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the videos of phaxalot live look really amazing, I hope he did some version of it.

He definitely did phaxalot at all of his shows, and the crowd always went nuts. He also opened every one of his sets with Fossil FUnk.....and it's even better than his live jam on youtube. He said he's going to record it soon......that track always killed also, can't wait to be able to hear a full completely developed version of it.

Every set of his had at least 3 or 4 new tracks, and not always the same ones! Also, he adds this amazing set of chords to Friend Track when he plays it and it basically sounds like an entire new song. It's like a 15 minute long jam with a whole new B section and these epic piano chords. I recorded a couple seconds of it on my phone....If I don't see some videos of posted soon, I may just post that clip. I REALLY hope he releases that version...it's excellent! His new tracks were REALLY standouts. I can't wait for his new EP/album whenever it hits.

I think I'm the only person that went to every single California show, and it's amazing that even though his sets were about 70% the same songs, he plays them out differently each time...there is so much improvised on the fly! I had so much fun each and every time...probably the best live show out there. Youtube videos (or even his live album!) don't do it any justice.

Come back soon Andy. <3

Thanks for the infos; much appreciated.

Curious to see how the new material pans out; as you were saying, his live and studio versions can be quite different. Amongst many anecdotes here, recently I dug up a live "probey poker" that had none of the ridiculous complexity and structure of the studio one (which I adore.. of course, this is understandable in live shows).

Sounds like he didn't play much cro magnox? I know that's not a coincidence (flow etc), but he did sometimes open with it and I love those tracks.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys could make it out there. He has so many amazing tunes...

would it be too much trouble for someone to compile a list of his megadrive/sega/arcade style FM synth tracks? He played out one during his show in oakland that was fucking great, it was mostly 909 and other stuff of course but it had on top very classic videogame FM chords

He definitely did phaxalot at all of his shows, and the crowd always went nuts. He also opened every one of his sets with Fossil FUnk.....and it's even better than his live jam on youtube. He said he's going to record it soon......that track always killed also, can't wait to be able to hear a full completely developed version of it.

there you go:

http://www.ceephax.co.uk/fossil%20funk.mp3

so he's working on a new version then?

Whoah.....that's awesome!! Where did you get this version of Fossil Funk from???

There is a DL link in the youtube comment section for the Fossil Funk live video :)

Great track!

Wow, how silly of me...I never knew there was a dl link, I just knew of the live jam video itself!

I think he's going to record a more robust version of it....at least he said so...

more fun..

woah insanely low amount of energy compared to the Oakland babeland show (from the crowd not Andy)

Well it is the arvo, maybe they had a couple of beers, lung dumped a j, and now they're just chillin'. And besides, if you bounced around there you could find yourself falling several stories into the waiting arms of an LA coroners investigation. I'm sure that andy is pleased about that, "Drug fueled deck party led by what some are calling guru like electronic musician, tainted by leaping death of participant. Family outraged. blah dee blah, buy mothballs and grape jello today at simons super deli on marcus and anvil"

Who was the tall guy at the front that was having a dance in front of that bewildered girl, watmmr ? Din recognise, although not all of you post your pictures in the pic'ee thread for me to spy at and secretly judge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived