IGNORED

Has anyone else in australia gotten their syro yet?

delet...

Hi, i preordered syro at my local JB-hifi and they told me that the deliver would be made on the thursday to the store and (maybe if i was lucky i could even get it then, but most likely on friday morning). My work shift finishes at 7am and i stayed up most of the day thursday thinking maybe they would have it, even went in to the JB around lunch. Then today, another 7am finish, a bit less awake when i went into JB, but nevertheless enthusiastic, because you know, syro. I was told that the shipment had not reached the store yet but Mount gravatt had their stock already. I decided not to just drive down to Mount gravatt but wait patiently until 2pm when my local JB would have it available, afterall i had preordered there, so i kind of felt duty bound to the nice people that had served me to buy it from their place (yes i know that it's a corporate chain, but you know). Anyway, after a bushwalk around lunchtime to keep me awake, i go back at 3pm (jsut to be sure) only to be told that it still hadn't arrived. Even more JB's around brisbane had it though, but it would be at my store later that day, i couldn't stay awake any longer because i have graveyard shifts, and i'm not fighting through what is now going to be hellish rush hour traffic to go and pick it up, so i'll go in after my shift on Saturday morning.

Anyway, i just pulled into my driveway and i get a call from a private number, it is the kid from JB telling me that there is no way that they can get syro until wednesday because of some problem with the distributor being unable to allow it's release until then because international obligations and proper release dates or some shit. I told him that several places around the world had the release on the 19th, including australia. And after all isn't it available in the Mount Gravatt store and other places !? He agreed, but now it doesn't make any fucking sense at all. Wednesday, i'll be on the road to north queensland for my holiday this was going to be the soundtrack to my 1400 kilometre drive.

Anyway, what's the go, is this kid just bullshitting so that i pick the cd up at his store and not go somewhere else or is there actually an hold on australian syro discs? To someone else this post might seem odd, why didn't he just ring somewhere else to check? Couldn't have he looked at the net, surely the info would be out there? I reaaally tired and annoyed and depressed, so i'm posting here cause it's somewhere i think that i can get an answer that i can trust.

/iem going to bed. -sie-ro (lol that album title perhaps presaged all the consternation that it was to engender (most likely though i'm a baffoon and it's available all over the place that isn't the place that i preodered, and we can jsut chock this up to the preorder blues that's going around))

And no i haven't d/l'ed the leak and refuse to, so i'm missing out on all the cool release discussion fun or whatever the fuck.

Album sounds overwhelming to me but not in a good way but that bad ufabulum kind of way

HOLY SHIT, hopefully that sign in the window hasn't made it sell out. I'll go tomorrow morning. thanks dude. EDIT: VINYL !! argh, cd's too ?

@Delet... They have the Syro vinyl in west end at Jet Black Cat if any use. 5525ca93ed66cbf573f483d80815284d.jpg

Loads of vinyl at rocking horse

CD's too ??

Album sounds overwhelming to me but not in a good way but that bad ufabulum kind of way

HOLY SHIT, hopefully that sign in the window hasn't made it sell out. I'll go tomorrow morning. thanks dude. EDIT: VINYL !! argh, cd's too ?

@Delet... They have the Syro vinyl in west end at Jet Black Cat if any use. 5525ca93ed66cbf573f483d80815284d.jpg

Loads of vinyl at rocking horse

CD's too ??

Ah shit, i didnt take a good look, I'm guessing they may not. Download code is included with the vinyl but i dont know if you'll have blerp drama.

JB rang again, they just got it in. FUCK it, /gets in the car.

lol, that was a quick turnaround, for a thread. But then again, if i hadn't spent the time writing that whingy post the phone call would have woken me up and i fucking hate that. Stupid day people.

Listened in the car on the way home, didn't listen to mini cause i wanted to hear the new lush. Skimmed past the next two cause, and then four was alright, after that i was just like i was in a room with these guys but i didn't get the joke.

photo-10540.jpg?_r=1360207839

Why are they laughing? am i the only one? It's the same syunth line all the way through wtf,and again, that sound doesn't justify repetition christ it's still there three minutes later, fuh fuk faaaauk, the mix is terrible that bass is so wide malarghhh, you get the idea. meh. Maybe i'm just extremely depressed right now. lol. i'll try it on my nice headphones another day, when i'm not skimming at traffic lights.

i had a limited time between the shopping centre and home so i started at 4 and listened to it all the way through, but skimmed everything after. I'm an inveterate skimmer, but i never though that i'd do that with the new aphex. As soon as a noise annoys me, the skimming starts. There was some nice things in there too, but you know.

Also that CD package design, oh my lord, they should have added in the charge back to us for having to unfurl that thing every time to get at the cd, i wouldn't have minded the extra line heh. Guess they're vinyl ppl so cd's are an afterthought. It's been a long time since i've bought physical media so maybe i'm being unfair, i don't know, like i said, i'm not in a stable mental state right now.

deletr give it some time man, and approach with a good mindset. no rush either, but it'll be there for you when you're keen. :)

weird about the jb thing! glad it worked out.

ahh you're a lovely lad. thanks. I had a listen to track 2 on the way back from work this morning, ended up getting 2.5 hours sleep before work cause i was a bit stressed out i think, lol. So today i'm no less tired, but in a lot better place.

So here is my mea culpa, track 2 was nice and i already know that i like track one and 4, so i feel a lot more positive about the whole thing, i'll lsiten to track 3 on the way back from work tomorrow. I think that a really shit day yesterday just crushed all the joy receptors in my mind.

Sorry for derailing thread with lawn mowing.

But my grass was (too) lush.

it's all good, lightened up the thread ;-]] hah.

Guest extherium

Just picked it up from my local reputable record store on release day.

Got a spiffy Aphex-labelled bag full of Aphex/Warp stickers and misc stuff. Very cool.

Hi, i preordered syro at my local JB-hifi and they told me that the deliver would be made on the thursday to the store and (maybe if i was lucky i could even get it then, but most likely on friday morning). My work shift finishes at 7am and i stayed up most of the day thursday thinking maybe they would have it, even went in to the JB around lunch. Then today, another 7am finish, a bit less awake when i went into JB, but nevertheless enthusiastic, because you know, syro. I was told that the shipment had not reached the store yet but Mount gravatt had their stock already. I decided not to just drive down to Mount gravatt but wait patiently until 2pm when my local JB would have it available, afterall i had preordered there, so i kind of felt duty bound to the nice people that had served me to buy it from their place (yes i know that it's a corporate chain, but you know). Anyway, after a bushwalk around lunchtime to keep me awake, i go back at 3pm (jsut to be sure) only to be told that it still hadn't arrived. Even more JB's around brisbane had it though, but it would be at my store later that day, i couldn't stay awake any longer because i have graveyard shifts, and i'm not fighting through what is now going to be hellish rush hour traffic to go and pick it up, so i'll go in after my shift on Saturday morning.

Anyway, i just pulled into my driveway and i get a call from a private number, it is the kid from JB telling me that there is no way that they can get syro until wednesday because of some problem with the distributor being unable to allow it's release until then because international obligations and proper release dates or some shit. I told him that several places around the world had the release on the 19th, including australia. And after all isn't it available in the Mount Gravatt store and other places !? He agreed, but now it doesn't make any fucking sense at all. Wednesday, i'll be on the road to north queensland for my holiday this was going to be the soundtrack to my 1400 kilometre drive.

Anyway, what's the go, is this kid just bullshitting so that i pick the cd up at his store and not go somewhere else or is there actually an hold on australian syro discs? To someone else this post might seem odd, why didn't he just ring somewhere else to check? Couldn't have he looked at the net, surely the info would be out there? I reaaally tired and annoyed and depressed, so i'm posting here cause it's somewhere i think that i can get an answer that i can trust.

/iem going to bed. -sie-ro (lol that album title perhaps presaged all the consternation that it was to engender (most likely though i'm a baffoon and it's available all over the place that isn't the place that i preodered, and we can jsut chock this up to the preorder blues that's going around))

And no i haven't d/l'ed the leak and refuse to, so i'm missing out on all the cool release discussion fun or whatever the fuck.

2566550-8413999587-c8a.g.gif

Sorry brah

Too long

Archived