IGNORED

CIRCLONS [CIRCLONT6A (Syrobonkus Mix), CIRCLONT14 (Shrymorning MIx)]

auxien

So, these two tracks make up over 20% of Syro. They're obviously related in some way, though I honestly couldn't point to how just yet. Except they are both dense as hell; dense with awesome.

Vocal deciphering? I'm terrible at such things... (Shrymorning...'na, sho cha key' is the best I've got...)

Gear discussion? Using this from the Syro Gear Discussion thread we can see there was a fair amount of gear used on both tracks. As RDJ mentioned in the Pitchfork Interview, he would occasionally create a set-up in his studio, make a part or a track, then tear down that set up or modify it heavily. Could these two tracks be mostly related because of something like that situation? Apart from the obvious Cirklon sequencer usage on both...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6A is still leaving me a little cold but love 14. Kind of feel a lot of things are lost in the mix on the first one but that might change in time.

the syrobonkers track starts as a deformed taking control and then it switches 2 the mental breakdown part of cock ver10 before the track starts

the circlont tracks are a mutated drukqs monster, god i love em

circlont14 is my favourite so far. there's a descending, weird acid line that sounds almost like speech in its timing about halfway in, and it's pure rdj. nobody else would have the audacity to stick such a weird-ass, shouldn't-work thing in there and actually make it work.

the psuedotimestretch is linked tho, its in the beginning of syrobonkus. I think that whole technique might be a big part of what ties em together, I think there might be a bunch of weird melody stuff in shrymoming doin it too, gives em a similar sort of jaggedness I think.

I want to hear more emotional interpretations from people.

I feel like this is a composed suite:

180db

CIRCLONT6A

pseudotimestretc

CIRCLONT14

yesterday I couldn't get the melody from 180db out of my head, after hearing having heard it only once.

so I climbed a tree and put it on at the highest volume I could take, and continued to climb until about 90 ft up

sitting in the top of the tree, in a spot where I have read books comfortably before, feelings of claustrophobia, stress, panic, and paranoia flowed over me.

In the climax of high frequencies, the dark, driving, drum beat, and the shifting synth, I was feeling suicidal and homicidal impulses, a need to run away, or at least get down, to resist the part of me that wanted to jump.

I bore through the track, and at the beginning of the next track, CIRCLONT6a, I couldn't bear the first 15 seconds, and stuffed my mp3 player away and climbed down the tree.

Upset, I tried to shake off the feeling. a sense of restlessness, and a gut feeling that things were horribly wrong bore with me through the rest of the night, with the synth line and the tinkling chimes of doom making frequent visits to my consciousness, growing more nagging when I tried to focus on other things.

After restless sleep, 5 am, I lay in bed, frustrated thoughts running through my head. I try to get back to sleep, but the melody comes back.

I can think of nothing but the negatives of my life. my partner rests her head on my chest while dozing, the feeling of claustrophobia is back strong. after I get away, I don't even want my body to touch her in bed.

after an hour, I decide I need to get up. I need to understand Syro.

I got up as the sun was rising, and walk to the park, starting the album with Produk_29.

By the start of 180db, I'm on the outskirts of a swamp, covered in fog, and the morning dew. I know I have a choice now, to face fear, or turn back to the well known & comfortable.

As the drums kick in, I run into the swamp, using my adrenaline to keep driving forward.

interpretation:

180db:

fear, claustrophobia, internalized stress.

worry of becoming a monster (becoming like your father?)

Resentment

urge to do things your better self knows is wrong

urge to escape.

CIRCLONT6a:

>I AM THE MONSTER!

Rage. some glimmer of grim pleasure.

>remorse, conflicted feelings.

want to return to simpler times.

>seeking internally for the answer

psuedotimestretc: interlude (the monster rests)

CIRCLONT14:

>frustration

feeling like everything is doomed, and you are going crazy.

stuck in a rut

trying to hide in childhood fascinations.

>reminder of the good things.

>adversity comes back stronger than ever, and you strive to have your best self pull through

climax of stress/final showdown

>calm

good feelings come back strong

>but the bad is still there.

inescapable.

>you accept life's little happinesses and satisfactions

END

I am through swamp, brush, and under low ceiling-ed forest by the conclusion of CIRCLONT14. I feel satisfied, and I have been let go of by the grip of the melodies and sounds that had bothered me.

Pretty sure this is at least partially about his relationship with his ex-wife, his kids, the divorce, and life that comes afterward. I think it's a linear story.

I think that's part of what he meant about Syro by saying "putting it out so I can move on"

One very subtle thing i've noticed is at the end of CIRCLONT6A, literally when the there is nothing left, he has gated the recording hiss. Perhaps a sly acknowledgement that it is there?

How are the tracks broken up on the LP?

Two tracks per side:

A

1. minipops 67 [source Field Mix]
  2. XMAS_EVET10 [Thanaton3 Mix]

B

1. produk 29
  2. 4 bit 9d api+e+6

C

1. 180db_
  2. CIRCLONT6A [syrobonkus Mix]

D

1. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3
  2. CIRCLONT14 [shrymoming Mix]

E

1. syro u473t8+e [piezoluminescence mix]
  2. papat4 [pineal mix]

F

1. s950tx16wasr10 [earth portal mix]
  2. aisatsana

I want to hear more emotional interpretations from people.

I feel like this is a composed suite:

180db

CIRCLONT6A

pseudotimestretc

CIRCLONT14

yesterday I couldn't get the melody from 180db out of my head, after hearing having heard it only once.

so I climbed a tree and put it on at the highest volume I could take, and continued to climb until about 90 ft up

sitting in the top of the tree, in a spot where I have read books comfortably before, feelings of claustrophobia, stress, panic, and paranoia flowed over me.

In the climax of high frequencies, the dark, driving, drum beat, and the shifting synth, I was feeling suicidal and homicidal impulses, a need to run away, or at least get down, to resist the part of me that wanted to jump.

I bore through the track, and at the beginning of the next track, CIRCLONT6a, I couldn't bear the first 15 seconds, and stuffed my mp3 player away and climbed down the tree.

Upset, I tried to shake off the feeling. a sense of restlessness, and a gut feeling that things were horribly wrong bore with me through the rest of the night, with the synth line and the tinkling chimes of doom making frequent visits to my consciousness, growing more nagging when I tried to focus on other things.

After restless sleep, 5 am, I lay in bed, frustrated thoughts running through my head. I try to get back to sleep, but the melody comes back.

I can think of nothing but the negatives of my life. my partner rests her head on my chest while dozing, the feeling of claustrophobia is back strong. after I get away, I don't even want my body to touch her in bed.

after an hour, I decide I need to get up. I need to understand Syro.

I got up as the sun was rising, and walk to the park, starting the album with Produk_29.

By the start of 180db, I'm on the outskirts of a swamp, covered in fog, and the morning dew. I know I have a choice now, to face fear, or turn back to the well known & comfortable.

As the drums kick in, I run into the swamp, using my adrenaline to keep driving forward.

interpretation:

180db:

fear, claustrophobia, internalized stress.

worry of becoming a monster (becoming like your father?)

Resentment

urge to do things your better self knows is wrong

urge to escape.

CIRCLONT6a:

>I AM THE MONSTER!

Rage. some glimmer of grim pleasure.

>remorse, conflicted feelings.

want to return to simpler times.

>seeking internally for the answer

psuedotimestretc: interlude (the monster rests)

CIRCLONT14:

>frustration

feeling like everything is doomed, and you are going crazy.

stuck in a rut

trying to hide in childhood fascinations.

>reminder of the good things.

>adversity comes back stronger than ever, and you strive to have your best self pull through

climax of stress/final showdown

>calm

good feelings come back strong

>but the bad is still there.

inescapable.

>you accept life's little happinesses and satisfactions

END

I am through swamp, brush, and under low ceiling-ed forest by the conclusion of CIRCLONT14. I feel satisfied, and I have been let go of by the grip of the melodies and sounds that had bothered me.

Pretty sure this is at least partially about his relationship with his ex-wife, his kids, the divorce, and life that comes afterward. I think it's a linear story.

I think that's part of what he meant about Syro by saying "putting it out so I can move on"

Jesus. And you guys give the BOC forum a hard time. :trollface:

Archived