IGNORED

CIRCLONS [CIRCLONT6A (Syrobonkus Mix), CIRCLONT14 (Shrymorning MIx)]

auxien

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm hearing more family resemblance between syrobonkus and syro than between syrobonkus and shrymoming. Haven't given it much thought though, this is just from listening to the whole album in sequence, I haven't been comparing tracks closely or anything.

I think I'm hearing more family resemblance between syrobonkus and syro than between syrobonkus and shrymoming. Haven't given it much thought though, this is just from listening to the whole album in sequence, I haven't been comparing tracks closely or anything.

There a recurring bleepybloop lead that links the two. Pretty sure they're all linked in some way though.

There a recurring bleepybloop lead that links the two. Pretty sure they're all linked in some way though.

Well yeah but that's the only thing that's stood out to me, I haven't really noticed any similarly obvious link between CIRCLONT6A and CIRCLONT14 (but haven't been trying to either).

Listen to the Syrobonkus mix, then listen to Dentaku by Kraftwerk, the live version of it mixed with Pocket Calculator. Say, the first minute of it. Maybe it's just me!

I thought I was the only one! 0:18 - 0:25 in Syrobonkus reminds me of it every single time.

Guest capitan mission

jaja, it reminds me of that playful kraftwert songs too.
like richard was carrying the flame, as some of us try to make the albums that our favorite artists never did

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but have you noticed that both CIRCLONT6 and syro have the same acid rhythm?

(Shrymoming Mix) is among Aphex Twin's saddest songs, love it

It's one of the only tracks on the album that doesn't have any dark or melancholic undercurrent to me, probably even one of my least favorites at this point because of how happy and funny it sounds. :shrug:

Syrobonkus is my fav of the album, that's all.

I still think syro u473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix) is the better version.

CIRCLONT6A @ 0:17

Syro @ 0:00

S950tx @ 0:24 on timestreched

Same vocal sample, or very similar...

Methinks this is part of the puzzle.

yes it starts with Circlont6A - girl sings "pseudo stretching of sounds in time" after "casio fz" stretched in time (or casio reset as i thought initially - casio is associated with clocks, and the phrase is like "reset the time", which fits conceptually)

then in fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 it's casio fz (reset). reseting the time, also "stretched in time".

circlont14 - girl sings "please tell, us, please tell". then comes the silly part about the socks with silly synths representing some russian motives (russians will probably get me). and then again "please tell, us, please tell"

syro - starts with girl "pseudo stretching of sounds in time"

earth portal - girl sings "streeching" and her vioce is "stretched" this time

and as somebody mentioned, some of these tracks have moments that "call for each other", popping up for some seconds, or have same bass line, or is a remix on each other, like fz pseudotimestretch being little brother or son of circlonts. only papat4 breaks from this 6-11 list, but maybe i haven't figured it yet.

i think it creates additional confusion and "lost effect", specially on acid - like he's playing with your perception of time. you hear different tracks but same or stretched voice, melodies reoccur. you cant remember if you heard it already, but next thing is completely new, and then it resets to the same spot and goes again. or something like that.

maybe we're really overthinking, and he was lazy to find other samples and melodies have coincided accidentally

(Shrymoming Mix) is among Aphex Twin's saddest songs, love it

It's one of the only tracks on the album that doesn't have any dark or melancholic undercurrent to me, probably even one of my least favorites at this point because of how happy and funny it sounds. :shrug:

for me parts of it evoke very strongly the classic dark carnival vibes of songs like Funny Little Man. The entire part from 0:00 - 2:00 is the most evil sounding part of the album for me.

4:30 is also pretty awesome, it goes from sort of tribal/happy brazilian vibes again back to the scariness of Funny Little Man

so am i the only one here who hears a cock/ver10 meltdown in the beginning of syrobonkus?

also holy shit at that mushroom squirt in shrymoning

ok i definitely hear taking control now. i suspected something, but now it's clear

and what time in cockver10 exactly you are talking about?

so am i the only one here who hears a cock/ver10 meltdown in the beginning of syrobonkus?

also holy shit at that mushroom squirt in shrymoning

ok i definitely hear taking control now. i suspected something, but now it's clear

and what time in cockver10 exactly you are talking about?

it comes after the taking control part when the farting toadacid comes in (about at 1 minute play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8BnemaLg_PQ

obvious wink to the melody that starts at 1:08

lot's of drukqs winks in the circlons tracks

it comes after the taking control part when the farting toadacid comes in (about at 1 minute play)

oook, i hear that too now. they even start around same time. what else?)

oook, i hear that too now. they even start around same time. what else?)

well the streched voice like afx237 and and just the shroomy chaotic drukqs atmosphere in a lot of parts

fucking love the tracks it's poisonous aphex pushing his equipment to the max

Archived