IGNORED

best µ-Ziq release(es)

Guest mrgerbik

Guest mrgerbik

while I'm pretty versed in electronic music in general, the one artist who I don't know much about is µ-Ziq. what do you think some of his best albums/ep's are? which should I check out? I tend to gravitate towards stuff that you can jam out to in the car...

Guest mrgerbik

It's all good. Royal Astronomy would probably be good driving music.

thanks for the suggestion, will check out.

from the short listens I've had, I really like Tango N' Vectif so far...

PHI*1700 (U/V) 12" or Tango n Vectif all the way

saw him support Orbital once playing these and he kicked their arses. his beats were vibrating the place. Brilliant

ok, so after a few days of a lot of µ-ziq, I'm digging on tango n vectif, bluff limbo and lunatic harness.

Bilious Paths is similar to Lunatic Harness, both are spectacular. Some of Royal Astronomy is in the same vein too

He went through a few phases IMO - his first few albums up to In Pine Effect are clunky crunchy endeavours. The next few up to Bilious are much more jungle-inspired

• 2 weeks later...

THIS !!

[youtubehd]watch?v=wwoaiMws3oY[/youtubehd]

My fav "the-raft.co.uk" track :

Unreal melodies.

Edited by lin

without any doubt this !

fucking masterpiece ! i remember buying a triple copy of this back in time, one is definitely used already

i admit i haven't heard all his catalog, one day i might do it and be blown away

Edited by klore

also not 'u-ziq' per se but 'das ist ein groovybeat, ja' is a wicked album

Listening to this album for the first time in yonks, Mike makes pretty OTT use of this on Hot Fumes, thievin' bastard!

He's on top form as Slazenger on Makesaracket, I know that album better, full of playful tunes

while I'm pretty versed in electronic music in general, the one artist who I don't know much about is µ-Ziq. what do you think some of his best albums/ep's are? which should I check out? I tend to gravitate towards stuff that you can jam out to in the car...

like, correct me if i'm wrong.... I'm seeming to be forgetting these fun-facts... Those releases were pretty epic, sans the very few mediocre tracks.

love to jam out, too. i was under the impression that it was a 'she' collaborating with RDJs personal 'he', ... or on his/her own time (singularly, or together)....

Didn't I hear that those were sometimes jam sessions (at the time) mixed by a distant cousin of his in wales? Is that true?