IGNORED

Devil is in the Details

tarsier888

:devil:

:omg:

if you reverse magic window and run it through a spectograph, you get this image:

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
Devil.jpg

Guest electronicfailurekilledmyname

It's hypnotism with the short sentences and the reinforcement and constant assurance and positive direction.

I saw a programme recently where they chopped a man's stomach and the only pain inhibitor was the voice of a bald skinny frail man, reassuring and directing.

I don't know if it works when timestretched and accompanied by backwards violins.

Guest Iain C
The real truth is that BOC are a couple of goths. Yes, they even admit as much in recent interviews talking about their rock band days. Goths, I tell you.

They probably drink cider and blackcurrant too.

LOL :yeah:

Interesting stuff - but I think a lot of the satanic stuff is there to create a musical aesthetic. To me a lot of boc's music is about paranoia, whether it's stemmed from drug use or government intrusion on your civil liberties. Thats what makes it seductive to me, its like a honey trap - you're drawn in by these beautiful melodies, then when you pay attention you're given the real message, which is meant to make you feel uneasy and maybe make you think about who the real bad guys are.

lol i just think they have some nice, albeit boring, harmonies, why get in such a stress over the lyrics?

i didnt even realise they were reomtely satanic till i read this.

the creepy thing about this track, was when i first bought the album...i was listening to it in the dark in my room at 2am or so...and this track came on and SCARED THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF ME...its those squishy swifey rhythmic noises...sound like tentacles moving around my bed....

Guest -Ad-

People need to lighten up and give others a fucking break. I mean, getting on someone just because they know less about BoC than you do is a bit stupid in my eyes. It's not like we were all born knowing everything about BoC is it? Give these boys time and they'll be as fanboi as we are, don't you worry.

Guest wolf

arguing & such is eh sub-optimal :on2long:

is the crunching sound someone mashing in fine gravel with a moist sponge ?

now i can't tell

Edited by wolf

Guest cosmonaut

hahahahha there is no way tarsier is real, dupe dupe udpeu pudpdudpue

and god help him if he is the tarsier who did the album with alias.

NO! why do people keep thinking that!?? ahhhh!

and there is someone else going by that name who makes music?! can i have a link to his site, or myspace, or whatever he has?

and there is someone else going by that name who makes music?! can i have a link to his site, or myspace, or whatever he has?

dupe.

dupe.

nope. :laughing:

can i have a link please? :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
we've got virgins to sacrifice

woah, could someone send some virgins my way please?... er... theyre not for me... the volcano is about to destroy our village... and that damn witch doctor with his pimp tent sort of cleaned us out of virgins...

lol, wth do you do?

Guest cosmonaut
nope. :laughing:

can i have a link please? :smile:

www.anticon.com

but that's as close as i'll personally give away. you'll have to learn to use the internet in order to find out just who this "tarsier" character is :getlost:

Guest endangered betche

After reading a million inane threads like this, I realized that WATMM veterans have no one to blame but themselves.

If the mods would pin a link to Fredd-E's site at the top of the BOC subforum with a heading like 'thinking of starting a topic? read this first!', some many ridiculous (to us) questions would be nipped in the bud, and it would lead to more informed discussion.

Good idea? Bad idea? Anyone?

Guest Iąїn Ċ

I think a better idea would be to just post a link to twoism and say "PLEASE stay here instead"

Guest taxman

we've got virgins to sacrifice

woah, could someone send some virgins my way please?... er... theyre not for me... the volcano is about to destroy our village... and that damn witch doctor with his pimp tent sort of cleaned us out of virgins...

lol, wth do you do?

you throw the virgins into the volcano to appease the gods

but just between you and me, that is not what i wanted the virgins for

i find devil in the details to actually be one of boc's most comforting tracks. I agree that their great sense of humor is present, as well as their brilliant understanding of dialectics, but i also think that the lyrics were additionally meant to manipulate in the listener unironically, in a uplifting manner.

Guest Opoth
i find devil in the details to actually be one of boc's most comforting tracks. I agree that their great sense of humor is present, as well as their brilliant understanding of dialectics, but i also think that the lyrics were additionally meant to manipulate in the listener unironically, in a uplifting manner.

Do you run all of your replies through babelfish before posting them here?