IGNORED

Pointless hardware noodlings

kausto

^^ Those tracks are going to be released on wax

Anyways, made this track off some old (2013-2014) snippets of experiments with Synth1 in Renoise for fun

https://clyp.it/4ykpeevs

This is dope. The reverb freezing is very Autechean. Is this one going to be on an ep/album of similar tracks any time soon? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!
I don't know. This track was supposed to be something like annual renoise+synth1 workout / gymnastics — something like this. But it can end up in some ep/lp — why not. I just have to make more stuff like this.

The reverb freezing are CDP processes Stretch and BlurBlur iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The techno tracks would be a perfect fit for http://www.blueprintrecords.net 

If you release them on bandcamp I will buy that shit immediately 

The more glitched breaky autechre ish aphex stuff deserves an album

Your renoise file from a while back was a real eye opener....would love to see the file for this blur blur stretch synth1 clip

Thanks man!  :beer:

XRNS It is made with Win version of synth1 so you may need to edit vst names in xrns' xml (unpack with zip - edit - pack to zip and rename iirc). You will also need Valhalla SpaceModulator. It is free for Valhalla customers (if you need one pm me).

About techno/house tracks — they may appear on wax sometime.

There is forthcoming technoish release by me (out in july):

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/kuzma-palkin-sierpinski-curve/648299-01/

rad!!!!! mixes on the techno tracks especially good, probably cause of minimal instruments I bet...some fantastic snares...crispy and thick....did u spend much time on the masters? 

Actually they were mixed on 1st gen mackie cr1604vlz mixer and recorded as plain stereo files. It is most long stage time-wise (but most imperceptible for me because of creative dream-like state of mind, you know).

I am able to do this only in the late evening for 2-3 hours, after day job and pastime with my kid. If everything is fine i end an evening with raw jam recording. Sometimes i forget about this accumulating recordings for month or so. Later, when i recieve an offer to play on a gig i can uncork this storage of tracks to treat them further. Funnily i often do this while i'm on my day job using sennheiser cx 1.00 plugs). Usually i chop this tracks in renoise 3.1, rearrange some moments if needed and add something else (if track is too monotonous and dull) using renoise's capabilities and stuff i have on my job workstation. I eq and filter (if needed) with renoise's ones and compress peaks with Cytomic's The Glue on track's bus and finalize with renoise's exciter (usually i only use it to get rid of stereo content on bass) and renoise's maximizer. This stage lasts 1-3 hours. Then i render track with "each pattern into a separate file" setting, glue together this files with Octachainer tool and transfer it into Octatrack to play on a gig. Now i have approx. 3 hours of such tracks.

It is more dj'ing approach (though i use also my lxr drummachine on gigs for rolls etc) and i want to construct more fluid and dynamic setup using micromodular and axoloti for more fun and freedom.

Your work is great man, probably my favourite stuff on here. Enjoy the variety, sound quality/design and the attention to detail. Concur with paying for some tunes/ep's on bandcamp. You should get your (preferably Autechreian) work on there. 

Pupil Dilations reminds me of Analord and Drexciya is it available digitally? 

Thanks!  :beer:

Pupil Dilations stuff should be released as digital with bonus on clone dgtl or juno after actual 12" release, i believe.

Digital bonus btw:

Releases on Gost Zvuk will be released on their bandcamp later too.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://clyp.it/xj3eksim

me twitching octatrack crossfader for hihat rolls while micromodular plays generative percussive patch

I really like where it ended up in the last half, but some of the main components never felt good to me: hi hats and noise drum hits. They were distracting (perhaps purposefully of course) and took away from what was really some lovely and interesting stuff going on otherwise. Melody and feel of the track was nice all around though, some good sounds :)

• 1 month later...

Archived