IGNORED

Andy Stott - Faith In Strangers

Perezvon

His last album was okay I guess, although I only really like two tracks of it. Same thing with his Millie and Andrea release this year.

But this new single sounds very nice !

Tracklist

01 Time Away
02 Violence
03 On Oath
04 Science & Industry
05 No Surrender
06 How It Was
07 Damage
08 Faith in Strangers
09 Missing

"The album was written and recorded between January of last year and June of this year. It was edited and sequenced in July and features "an array of instruments, field recordings, found sounds, and vocal treatments," according to a press release. On various tracks, Alison Skidmore provides vocals and Kim Holly Thorpe plays euphonium."

( http://pitchfork.com/news/56788-andy-stott-announces-new-album-faith-in-strangers-shares-violence/ )

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I dunno, I was disappointed with LuxProbs at first, but once u realize it's a different hemisphere than WeStay2gether, it's very enjoyable. Still, it took work to acquire.

I can tell this one is going to take work too.

Luxury Problems had it's moments, but c'mon, what could he have possibly done on the heels of Passed Me By & We Stand Together?

I've come to quite like the Millie & Andrea album, might end up being my surprise favourite of the year.

those track titles made my pussy wet

Awe yeah. hoping the vocals arent as prominent this time around...

People didn't like Luxury Problems? Jesus.

I didn't. But strangely enough I had another few listens a fortnight ago and really liked it.

I think its fantastic, and the live tour he did was amazing.

Guest bitroast

nice!

only found out about Drop The Vowels pretty recently, completely missed any mention of it hehe. arrived in mail yesterday :):) time to get my andy stott on.

Yeah, what's with that?

People actually didnt like the Millie + Andrea LP?

It's not that I didn't like it so much that I found it a bit all over the place. Like a bunch of EPs badly glued together.

Archived