IGNORED

Andy Stott - Faith In Strangers

Perezvon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely catching Massive Attack-style vibes woven throughout this album, not necessarily a bad ting. I am however starting to get a bit concerned that he's drifting towards boutique shop soundtracks... thankfully millie & andrea more than delivers on the thuggish ruggish Stott

• 2 months later...

I nearly bumped this thread with another appreciative post as I was listening to the albumen the other day. it is good, and I am dissapoint that d-lo is not on board. it's just not dubtechno anymore, is all.

the title track is actually probably my favourite track of 2014, all told.

APPALLED. This is the only Stott I've fucked with. The ambiance of the first half is affecting enough, title track's cool. I dig the melancholy vibes, the tone may be too monochrome, like, overcast day w/malaise. Not so keen on the big/blown-out, "heavy" elements. I like the clean/dry drum machine sounds, rubber bass timbres, Suicide-like sugar shakers.

Only three good tracks sadly. But the three good ones were enough to make me listen to Stott. LuxPro and the two prior EP's r gr8

Guest murphythecat8

Only three good tracks sadly. But the three good ones were enough to make me listen to Stott. LuxPro and the two prior EP's r gr8

true. the good tracks are killing me! but theres a lot of fillers.

it's a quandary fer sher.

seriously though, the opening track is lovely. I don't care how it was made. in fact it's a prime example of ruining the magic by knowing too much.

Archived