IGNORED

Syro JPN CD Owners’ Lounge

ascdi

Guest jasondonervan

I think the orange sticker denotes it is part of a Warp sales campaign - HMV Japan currently have a sale where certain CDs are reduced by 30% if you buy any three.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest patrykus

So now that I'm lucky owner of one of these does anybody know how limited was the digipack versions of japanese syro?

Guest patrykus

Well dunno but two last pages of this thread suggest it (the digipack version) may be. There is even evidence in form of pictures of normal version selling on ebay. It's not like I plan to sell it anyway as it is opened and played cauple of times already, plus I really enjoy it ;) But it would be interesting to know how much was it limited if in fact it was. I'm guessing couple of thousands probably as it pretty much only lasted for preorders. It would be nice to have a source on this though.

ibe0WHJphOFrqO.JPG

iM1pNbAFFNcKG.JPG

imiyh12RvGgDX.JPG

ivNvK40OFZIzg.JPG

ibvRAm90Pymwoo.JPG

iQowHpS9mIzzF.JPG

Yeah, I wanted a badge. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice. So how many copies of Syro you own now JD?

Out of curiosity, is the "artwork" really different than the US/UK CD versions, other than the listing of the bonus track?

From a cost perspective, they really got away cheaply printing-wise with SYRO - there's no colour on the packaging at all from what I can tell (haven't opened mine, what for), so it's strictly a one colour job.

Out of curiosity, is the "artwork" really different than the US/UK CD versions, other than the listing of the bonus track?

From a cost perspective, they really got away cheaply printing-wise with SYRO - there's no colour on the packaging at all from what I can tell (haven't opened mine, what for), so it's strictly a one colour job.

Haven't read the whole Japanese version yet, but I think it's pretty much the same. Besides the obi-strip there is a huge paper insert included which describes Aphex's biography in Japanese.

Everything is white, looks completely ridiculous with the vinyl version :)

R-6095128-1411140738-2805.jpeg

It's almost as if they were trying to make as much money out of this as possible :emotawesomepm9:

what's a reasonable price to pay for the Syro japanese edition if one randomly stumbles upon it in a Japanese record store?

What's reasonable for you? I paid 33 euro's (about 40 US dollars?) for it, which is a lot for just the bonus track, but I thought it was worth it (because Aphex).

what's a reasonable price to pay for the Syro japanese edition if one randomly stumbles upon it in a Japanese record store?

If you're going soon, get it from Tower Records. I bought it from there and from HMV (one for me, one for bitroast) and while it was slightly cheaper at HMV, the Tower version came with the A4 document holder. I didn't get badges or stickers with either one though, just the Warp magnet.

I actually can't remember how much it was though. I was using only cash and threw out my receipts, hah

hmm... i really want the logo button and a4 plastic folder... would be nice if someone was selling those with the jewel case version but it only seems to be with the digipak version which i already have!

Guest jasondonervan

as i purchased the vinyl i can have no qualms about now purchasing the japanese cd (wanna keep the LP pristine) i win!

The bonus track itself should be incentive enough! :music:

Guest jasondonervan

Nice. So how many copies of Syro you own now JD?

Too many. I'm not in double figures, though... :emb:

Yet

giphy.gif

Guest jasondonervan

yay got mine. The badge is cool alright ( also nice to have "Aphex Twin - Syro" in Japanese - i'm thinking another DIY Tshirt seeing as i'm a bit of a Nihonphile)

Great minds and all that, was thinking of doing something along those lines myself...

Although nothing can top the majestic Japanese bootlegged efforts:

a3ffd947fefc8778fe64833cb3784c7e.jpg

Archived