IGNORED

Syro JPN CD Owners’ Lounge

ascdi

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, got my copy today :yeah: . It didn't take nearly as long as I suspected. Though it would be sailing the seas three weeks or more.

I can now light my pipe and be a proud part of the elite brotherhood (of people who throw their money on things they don't really need).

Oh yeeees :cool:

Anyone notice that the Japanese CD color is off-white (a little lilac-ish) compared to the regular white of the standard cd.

Phew! - thought i'd be mixing up CD's every day of my life

Yeah, one of the first things I noticed when I got it. I only play the Japanese CD anyway, so I won't be mixing up anything anyway :)

Guest jasondonervan

Last one. LAST. ONE. Got a jewel case edition for the helluva it.

ioed8q4uOhcx9.JPG

It also came with this booklet. Nothing new, but a nice Warp25 trinket.

ibzYNHCG3lilr1.JPG

iMaAxbNaJXQR8.JPG

ibofluuYRD7A8r.JPG

iTJxh2ttG6kDd.JPG

Finally got mine today. Ordered the only option which turned out to be the standard 60-panel digipak. Got a badge and Warp 25 magnet. Got two magnets with Reachy Prints as well, pity Bleep couldn't go back to dishing out little freebies.

walked into Disk Union in shinjuku-tokyo and they were playing Syro in the store. I'm not saying that because Japan is special (even though it is) since Amoeba in berkeley was also playing it in store the day it came out. Record stores in Japan destroy anything we have here in the US for real, they still have lots of 'rave' shops with turntables and very low priced 12"

There's a Minipops physical single??

Yup! http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Minipops-67-1202Source-Field-Mix/release/6156490

It was on eBay a few weeks ago, my maximum bid was about 20 pounds, I think it went for 50 pounds. I'll just wait until it gets cheaper...

Yea I saw that one. Waited a few out and got one for 8 pounds, was the only bidder too! Just keep watching... didn't know about that file holder, now I'm going to be on the lookout for that as well. I got the Syro shopping bag that was handed out at the events and some stores, but the sender shipped it within another bag so to speak with no cardboard or protection. The pic was nice but it arrived wrinkled with a tiny puncture hole too. Kind of bummed about that one as I don't want to spend the money to get another right now. Damn all this Syro promotional shit, can't stop buying it!

walked into Disk Union in shinjuku-tokyo and they were playing Syro in the store. I'm not saying that because Japan is special (even though it is) since Amoeba in berkeley was also playing it in store the day it came out. Record stores in Japan destroy anything we have here in the US for real, they still have lots of 'rave' shops with turntables and very low priced 12"

yeah pretty much. Disk Union stores are amazing!

They're really hammering the Syro promotion there. I heard it in three different stores!

I went all Syrobonkus and ordered the Syro file holder that came with Japanese copies bought in some stores. Now only for that nice jewelcase as well as that Minipops single and I'm complete?

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

I just got that Minipops 67 promo CD (which I think is a CD-R from the color of it) on Ebay this morning for $7.26, but it wasn't even listed in search results. Not sure how that works. I was looking at one of the ended autions that sold and it showed up in the "Another chance to get what you're looking for" section of stuff they are trying to recommend to you - and it was active. Super cheap!

What's this file folder thing? Is it a folder for CD discs or paper or what. File under weird Japanese stuff that needs to be explained to me.

Guest jasondonervan

It's called a Clear File. Popular in Japan because Japan, they are usually offered as day one retailer exclusive bonuses for <insert new game/anime/movie/CD here>. Most of them nowadays are anything but 'clear', thanks to being emblazoned with artwork as per the Syro one above.

It's called a Clear File. Popular in Japan because Japan, they are usually offered as day one retailer exclusive bonuses for . Most of them nowadays are anything but 'clear', thanks to being emblazoned with artwork as per the Syro one above.

Did not know that, thanks. So yeah, it's basically to store files in, so I put some Aphex goodies in there, stickers, booklets, etc. I also got that little Warp booklet with this file btw :)

And you're lucky SPD, getting it for that price so soon!

And you're lucky SPD, getting it for that price so soon!

I know, right? Just sort of a freak thing really. I don't know why it wasn't in any searches from the US or UK versions of the site.

After, when u've got all that in your collection - What will you do with this collection? it does not clutter your home or you aren't likely to take the dust? I admit I did this and there I stopped because I have a family to take care... But think a little, apart resell later, it brings you what? CD, vinyl and a CD import are enough for me to be largely a collection. It's just that I envy you a bit too. Because if I was single, I would have done. But I don't know if it's worth it when you get older... It focuses less objects...

;-)

15571878746_ea2c8b886f.jpg

Did they put the magnet on the inside of the packaging like they did on mine? I wouldn't have minded except now I have to rip the label on the back fold as it is a kind of seal b/c of it's placement, and I wasn't trying to open my copy. I tried to carefully peel the sticker on the back but it was sticking too much so I gave up, so my magnet still sits inside for now.

Yeah it's inside. Japanese packaging can be so precise that it makes you feel a little guilty about opening it, but it's just a plastic bag and paper seal. If you don't open it someone else will!

hands off my foreign Syro!

Archived