IGNORED

Lorn - The Maze to Nowhere Pt2

chassis

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Part 3 is also excellent yes, especially the second song (Shelter). More atmospheric and cerebral this time, gives me an impression of 80s Kurt Russell soundtrack.

More atmospheric and cerebral this time, gives me an impression of 80s Kurt Russell soundtrack.

I've always found it atmospheric, but the Carpenter-esque synth-heavy stuff has only started creeping in lately into his work. it wasn't there in his two LPs. the first time I noticed it was in this (amazing) offcut that, I think, was in Self-Confidence vol3:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60

this blew me away because it had that new element, you could tell he was going for a new sound. I think he's also learnt a lot from composing the Killzone soundtrack and going for a more lush, cinematic kind of feel, so that's probably helped his sound evolve as well. it's even more evident in tracks like Batty's Theme.

^ no doubt

the self conf volumes are glorious out takes but these maze to nowhere's are big leaps in terms of sound development. I think the next lp will be as big a leap as the last in terms of development. he's constantly pushing. love that.

Good observations^^

Since doing an OST, his music has that more atmospheric niche to it. That lends it more a dystopian feeling, which I really, really like.

Also, that Sega Sunset track is one of many highlights from Self Confidence vol. 3. Does anyone know if there was a SCvol. 1? I can't find it anywhere..

SV_CHEATS 0 and NEGATIVE JUMPSUIT from PT3 are sublime.

MAZE 3 is soooo good. I bought a grip of his other records (vinyl) after hearing MAZE2 and wasn't nearly as into them as this series.

Acid Rain = such a banger. Really amped that pt 3 is IMO even better than the preceding two.

Hopefully they get cut to vinyl :)

Such a good sound, mondo bass. Those FAT synths ooooh

MAZE 3 is soooo good. I bought a grip of his other records (vinyl) after hearing MAZE2 and wasn't nearly as into them as this series.

I also feel that this series is the strongest of his material in his entire discography. Given away for free none the less.

• 2 weeks later...

man this part 3 is seriously next level shit for Lorn. I hope this is where his next LP is headed. that should be soon i hope.

did anyone check out the killzone soundtrack he did? i could never track it down. I'm sure i should just go blind buy it.

• 4 months later...

Archived