IGNORED

PAPAT4 [pineal mix] … [155]

J3FF3R00

I feel like it's not getting enough talk around here. Lets talk about it.

This one is probably my favorite on Syro. It gets stuck in my head the most, next to 180db_.

Everything about this track jams. I think it's possibly the most accessible, most danceable and one of the most melodic, for sure. Those b-boy break beats and that bass make me rock the fuck out , wherever I am when I hear it.

There really is nothing wrong with this one. No miss. All killer.

I personally think this one must be one of the oldest compositions from the LP. It strongly reminds me of ICBYD or The RDJ Album, in terms of melody. It has that whimsical, but bittersweet sound. I can't stop listening to it. Great fucking tune. A total classic.

Guest bitroast

pineal mix and earth portal mix sort of go hand in hand to me. like the aphex tracks in the style of classic 90s drum n bass.

where earth portal is more focused on the whole sound of 90s jungle (bass tones, samples etc.) pineal mix sounds a bit more loose, with the real simple cut up break over the loose acid/chords jamming. it's a great track, sits nicely toward the end of the album:)

Guest bitroast

180db isn't so much a 'filler' track. or it is? it's like a filler track in that it's just one riff (to varying degrees) looped over a beat. which feels like a filler compared to the intricacies of the rest of the album. it's like, when you get to 180db in album listening you can let you brain switch off a little and enjoy the beat/synth riff.

it's a filler, but it's a great fun filler :)

papat4 is kind of similar but has alllllooot more going on with the revolving acid bass synths and synth melodies:) (but still a fairly straight track (in comparison to the other tracks))

180db isn't so much a 'filler' track. or it is? it's like a filler track in that it's just one riff (to varying degrees) looped over a beat. which feels like a filler compared to the intricacies of the rest of the album. it's like, when you get to 180db in album listening you can let you brain switch off a little and enjoy the beat/synth riff.

it's a filler, but it's a great fun filler :)

papat4 is kind of similar but has alllllooot more going on with the revolving acid bass synths and synth melodies:) (but still a fairly straight track (in comparison to the other tracks))

this. i couldn't explain it any better.

It's a really great track, one of my favorites. It's not as complex or interesting as any of the other tracks, but it's a real banger with a lush bassline. It is very danceable, and I'd imagine it would go over well live.

Guest bitroast

yeah, the track has really grown on me. I didn't love it initially because it felt like it sort of stopped without going anywhere.

it took me a few listens to realise that wasn't true, its just got a tad more of a limited sound palette going on then the other tracks.

papat4 is definitely dense and interesting. but it seems to be intentionally limited and stripped back. achieve a lot with a little, kind of deal :)

Earth Portal mix sounds a lot more like tracks 6-9 to me (made more recently with a similar style in mind). PApat 4 and 180b still haven't caught on for me. Parts of papat are awesome

edit: I think 180db fits more smoothly in the flow of the album, it marks a shift towards what sound like a whole different RDJ style than the post-tuss style of tracks 1-4. Then we get a drastically different RDJ style for 6-9, but for me the transition from Syrou47 to Papat and then to S950 feels wrong. I get that Papat and S950 are similar old school jungle tracks in different ways, but Papat feels much older to me, and S950 sounds like it belongs more in the 6-9 stretch

Guest cult fiction

Earth Portal mix sounds a lot more like tracks 6-9 to me (made more recently with a similar style in mind). PApat 4 and 180b still haven't caught on for me. Parts of papat are awesome

edit: I think 180db fits more smoothly in the flow of the album, it marks a shift towards what sound like a whole different RDJ style than the post-tuss style of tracks 1-4. Then we get a drastically different RDJ style for 6-9, but for me the transition from Syrou47 to Papat and then to S950 feels wrong. I get that Papat and S950 are similar old school jungle tracks in different ways, but Papat feels much older to me, and S950 sounds like it belongs more in the 6-9 stretch

It's true but sequencing wise I think papat helps break up the incredibly dense new tracks with something a bit sparser and easier to digest. Had the whole album been chronological which we can guess at via when the songs premiered live it would have been something like

180db

minipops

4 bit 9d

produk 29 (just guessing???)

XMAS

PAPAT4

then the new tracks

which wouldn't have flowed* nearly as well

a strong one for me too. on first listen it reminded me of when i heard Oversteps for the first time and fell in love with known(1). i'd say it's either this or XMAS_EVE, though i'll be adjusting myself to the hard insane tracks like earth portal and the CIRCLONTAS in the days ahead.

jesus, it's like drukqs all over again, being able to hear a track over and over and still not understand half of it, but loving every second...

if you don't like PAPAT4 you aren't listening to the bass line. I mean I know the chords and drums are distracting, but the bass line is funky as fuck.

Guest bitroast

if you don't like PAPAT4 Syro you aren't listening to the bass lines. I mean I know the chords and drums are distracting, but the bass lines are funky as fuck.

fixed? maybe?

Yup PAPAT4 is the best thing on there full stop.

PAPAT4 is love

2014's Polynomial C... pretty perfect track, definitely one of my very fav off Syro.

I love all the tunes but both CIRCLONT (nicely crafted ones though). What a fantastic album.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah amazing track, those drums are amazon, just inhumanly amazing, like if someone would transform "4" in some kind of futuristic robot

Guest bitroast

its a nice floaty airy track thats reminiscent of some of RDJ's earlier tracks

how can you like ye olde aphex and not like this track?

I didnt like it for a bit.. Was a bit too stop / start-y for me at first. Good groove good groove good groove aaand Stop!! etc.

But overtime i learnt its ins and outs amd really dig itnow :)

Archived