IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

That's an old Stanley Donwood piece circa HTTT/In Rainbows, idk if that has to do with anything new music-related but we'll see! Either way there's some really nice new solo Thom Yorke tunes that he played not too long ago in places like Oakland and Fonda Theatre with Nigel Godrich and Tarik Barri:

I'm especially hoping these two get to see the light of day on a new solo record or something :>

hm is this not one of the live performances ?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a thing where I can't listen to this album again because the last time I heard it I was absolutely off my tits on morphine after being in a bike accident where I'd fractured my knee and remember thinking it was totally sublime at the time. I doubt I'll enjoy it as much now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

been listening to this a bit lately. i have a theory that this is about his break up with his wife, rachel. i've read some things online that point to their having ended things around 2012, which would make sense because king of limbs feels like an album about a relationship ending while another begins. i've also read some disheartening things about thom cheating on his now deceased wife while she was undergoing cancer treatment with his current girlfriend, an italian actress. anyway, all of this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth since so many of their songs post httt seem to be about relationships and cheating. i always figured thom was probably not the most likeable guy but if he turns out to be a total piece of shit i won't be surprised. i guess this is a failing in thom's music. all the lyrics are covered in metaphor and highly coded language and the whole thing is too impersonal to really give any insight into thom himself. i don't think he's written a truly revealing song since sometime around the bends. around ok computer he started writing about other people and then around in rainbows everything became very nebulous music about women. this might be my biggest issue with radiohead, this need to be accessible, but this unwillingness to be truly personal and vulnerable. like they're all method acting. 

Ohhh yeah, I see it now. Kinda like how Fingerbib is Aphex's little nod to the fact that he was cuckolded by someone called BOB, but he had to change the name a little so it wasn't dead obvious.

The fingering was real though.

Ohhh yeah, I see it now. Kinda like how Fingerbib is Aphex's little nod to the fact that he was cuckolded by someone called BOB, but he had to change the name a little so it wasn't dead obvious.

The fingering was real though.

LOL

Archived