IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

The only track of Amok that really stands out is Ingenue, which I prefer in the solo piano version he did on Jonathan Ross.

Wish he would have saved it for a Radiohead album. This new record is much better than Amok and the recorded version of TKoL (live that album was amazeballs). Really looking forward to what they put out now.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this record, but I think Thom owes Aphex and Trent Reznor royalties :biggrin:

Yeah and RDJ & Reznor owe royalties to Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Can, Klaus Schulze, Brian Eno, 808 State, King Crimson, Phillip Glass, Harold Budd, Tomita, John Carpenter, FSOL etc, etc.

I can't believe it... I'm actually having a fucking argument with someone over Facebook at the moment, and I'm saying how Tomorrow's Modern Boxes isn't "club music" as he calls it.

flol

screengrabs pls

Vinyl arrived today. Very nice looking the whole thing is but it seems you pay a lot for the anti-static bag. Still, I knew what I was paying for, no one put a gun to my head and there's now way I would've passed on it.

Guest bitroast

omg lol http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/19894-thom-yorke-tomorrows-modern-boxes/

seriously. the syro review was a disappointment, everyone seems to be onboard this time in agreeing that aphex twin is actually good. this review delivers the lols though.

"..the album feels slight.. the runtime, which just barely cracks a half-hour, the shortest non-Radiohead album the singer has been involved with."

the album goes for 38 minutes, which is longer than radiohead's the king of limbs.

I don't get it man. I don't get it!

Not sure what your issue is with the review. I think he describes it pretty spot on I just disagree with his judgement on it but that's personal taste aint it.

I love this more and more with every listen and it could be shaping up to be one of my favorite things he has ever done but I can understand why people might not like it.. I sure as shit wont be recommending it to my Bends and Ok computer loving friends.

Guest bitroast

hmm. I guess maybe I just disagree with it.

I think the surprise announcement + low cost of the album has lowered expectations to the point that it almost justifies the doubt people have about it actually being good.

I mean, Lol, I probably wouldn't recommend a lot of stuff to someone that only liked The Bends, but if you're into radiohead and the eraser and the king of limbs then absolutely without a doubt I would recommend the album.

Guest bitroast

I also really dislike reviews that spend more time talking about the hype and release of an album then they do the music... which is exactly what this review is.

it spends paragraphs explaining how the release of the album wasn't exactly innovative and seems let down by that, but uses single sentence descriptions to describe the album and then ends the review.

i dunno man. journalism seems kind of stupid to me. *leaves thread*

they are reviewing the album after 2 days with it. they have an agenda anyway, their reviews barely talk about music anymore and when they do, its incomprehensible babble.

this album delivers out of nowhere, plus with over 1,000,000 downloads, i'd say the experiment was a success for whatever radiohead is planning...

Guest murphythecat8

much better then atoms for peace.

I love nose grows some. What a track!

All in all, okay I guess, but I dont know, I just dont understand how can someone really love that. Its a bit cold sounding (just like all thom yorke projects) with repetitive electronica beats and the same ambience in each song. Its like always that cold and mysterious ambience with the plaintive voice of thom yorke. Was good at the time of Kid A, but it seems to be the same recipe over and over.

I also really dislike reviews that spend more time talking about the hype and release of an album then they do the music... which is exactly what this review is.

it spends paragraphs explaining how the release of the album wasn't exactly innovative and seems let down by that, but uses single sentence descriptions to describe the album and then ends the review.

i dunno man. journalism seems kind of stupid to me. *leaves thread*

I do know what you mean but just seems popular to bash reviews on here at the moment and thought that 1was alright. If I didnt have the album that review would make me want it from the way he described it even though he personaly didnt like it..so job done in my book

if people dont like reviews..dont read them! And when you do bear in mind its just 1 persons opinion

Archived