triachus

It shocks me how people gobble up or straight dismiss any material.

I mean, I think it was StephenG said that he hadn't listened to Monolith when clearly RDJ has a hand in this particular track

Of course Dave is a real person but there is no doubt that this track especially had RDJ hands all over it. So many tell tale signs. Why would someone put another person on their label if they blatantly steal exact sounds and techniques?

22 Livingstones has to be from a time between Tuss and Syro. Fredulogon gurgles in the background, Syro/Tuss rhythms, those reverb flashes etc etc.

Sorry, it's probably been covered a million times and slightly off topic but, still. It's there.

What? I've listened to monolith and photo-d etc.

what crack you on?

I mean, I think it was StephenG said that he hadn't listened to Monolith when clearly RDJ has a hand in this particular track

Of course Dave is a real person but there is no doubt that this track especially had RDJ hands all over it. So many tell tale signs. Why would someone put another person on their label if they blatantly steal exact sounds and techniques?

22 Livingstones has to be from a time between Tuss and Syro. Fredulogon gurgles in the background, Syro/Tuss rhythms, those reverb flashes etc etc.

Sorry, it's probably been covered a million times and slightly off topic but, still. It's there.

So do you reckon when you get signed to Rephlex you go on some kind of intensive Dagobarian braindance bootcamp at RDJ's house and he collaborates with you on loads of tracks, teaching you the ancient ways of the spliffed up timestretch until your tracks meet the notoriously high levels of quality control Rephlex has?

Artists who own labels often sign 'soundalikes' cause they have similar tastes, influences and viewpoints to these people, of course sometimes these factors are gonna converge to a point where you get some crossovers as to who sounds like who. Im sure theres a few artists on Brainfeeder who could be mistaken for Fly Lo etc.

ha, oh, might have mixed you up or misread. My bad.

I'm not on crack, Krokodil fo lyfe!

krokodil reprezent :happy:

I understand how you might have misunderstood my msg though. I have listened to monolith and his aliases, I think I said in a thread that I'm not really a fan thass all.

:beer:

Guest Chesney

So do you reckon when you get signed to Rephlex you go on some kind of intensive Dagobarian braindance bootcamp at RDJ's house and he collaborates with you on loads of tracks, teaching you the ancient ways of the spliffed up timestretch until your tracks meet the notoriously high levels of quality control Rephlex has?

Artists who own labels often sign 'soundalikes' cause they have similar tastes, influences and viewpoints to these people, of course sometimes these factors are gonna converge to a point where you get some crossovers as to who sounds like who. Im sure theres a few artists on Brainfeeder who could be mistaken for Fly Lo etc.

Well, who knows. Maybe Dave has been taken under a wing or a good friend who jams with him at his house and whatever comes out goes on the record. That track in particular could be melody and whatnot all done by Dave and set down on an already done beat (to degree) I doubt we'll ever know. I do believe that someone would not have the audacity to send music stamped all over with RDJ signature techniques.

And nobody talk back to tri, it's his birthday or something.

Also, i too find this thread weird, it shouldn't bother me but it does. Maybe i'm just getting old and tedious, i'm sure the kids want to have fun sharing music just like everyone one else.

nwae.

David Barnard is a real person, and he works for Roland UK

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/david-barnard/14/35b/943

It occurred to me that we will eventually hear his kid's music. Maybe not for years but he will find his own way on the internet. Aphex Jr. will be heard. Maybe he will do it anonymously like his pops.

Archived