Luke Vibert @ Boiler Room - October 2nd, 2014

Consul

Wow, awesome :w00t: Just like I-F, I never would've expected this from him! He'll rock the place!

Thanks for the heads up Consul! It starts exactly when my weekend starts, so brilliant timing Boiler Room.

I hope he plays from his upcoming EPs (Halloween EP and the other Amen Andrews one)

P.S. - I wonder if this is a pressure thing: I-F told that he turned down Boiler Room everytime for various reasons (no gig money for one), but eventually just had to say yes because of how huge/important the platform is for getting your name out and getting booked. Since that broadcast I-F suddenly noticed a huge increase in bookings all over Europe. It's almost scary how powerful Boiler Room is.

On the other hand, Luke's DJ set was also shown on MTV in the 90's so maybe my suspicion is completely misplaced.

1658445_788134831232230_1052079214621454

That was a wicked set, played all the tracks he normally plays live. Constant high energy. Was a tad annoyed by people wanting him to 'do' more besides DJ'ing. I'll just post this remark by Grant:

perhaps?- hide the laptops/DJ in a back room somewhere, and let the crowd on stage instead. people are checking eachother out, and checking out the dancers... how about put the speaker stacks somewhere else promoters? no need to face front ravers, when did that start happening? not in '88. colundi everyOne

• 2 weeks later...

Loved it. Is it me or Vibert not smoking during a set is a more severe, slightly annoyed, half into it, darker Luke? He looked almost bored and a little lifeless to me, while in other vids I've seen, he seemed more enthusiastic and having a good time. Maybe it was just a bad day hehe.