IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

Any genuine AFX live show tour would probably be announced by Warp, not Joyrex. He’s mentioned several times how hard it was coordinating the Kickstarter and digipacks. Coordinating or being involved in any significant way with a tour has gotta be like 10,000x more work than that! Venues, cities, shit like that.

That's a good point...

It sounds like something that Richard and Joyrex have been working on together. I shall change my guess to back catalogue re-release or something to do with Rephlex.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive had this lame gag about him starting up his own artisanal liquor label, and calling it "Aphex Gin".

i thought about finding a gin bottle and doing a quick and sloppy photoshop of his face on a bottle but it seemed destined for failure at producing any lols due to my lack of necessary skills and it not being that funny in the first place

but you can just imagine right here: a good photoshop with his face and it says 'aphex gin' on a bottle of gin

ive had this lame gag about him starting up his own artisanal liquor label, and calling it "Aphex Gin".

i thought about finding a gin bottle and doing a quick and sloppy photoshop of his face on a bottle but it seemed destined for failure at producing any lols due to my lack of necessary skills and it not being that funny in the first place

but you can just imagine right here: a good photoshop with his face and it says 'aphex gin' on a bottle of gin

I think we have a winner

Joyrex mentioned this could crash the server this is hosted on and its 'mind blowing' news that is easily bigger than the kickstarter thing. <- Personally I think that leaves out any interview, making of video etc. I'm thinking BIG.. And nothing is bigger in Aphex-land than the music itself. Incredible unreleased old music imminent. SAWIII, RDJ Album Part 2, Alberto Balsalm...The Album, Drukqzz-Duh Rehab Edition.

his back catalog will be hosted and sold through WATMM

Now there's a thought... still, would make more sense on Bandcamp.

A tour with his gear would be pretty big and sorta fits with his comment about being bored of dj gigs.

Funny you mention gear...

Any genuine AFX live show tour would probably be announced by Warp, not Joyrex. He’s mentioned several times how hard it was coordinating the Kickstarter and digipacks. Coordinating or being involved in any significant way with a tour has gotta be like 10,000x more work than that! Venues, cities, shit like that.

WARP is working with Richard and I on this... how involved they will be remains to be seen. I may end up working with them more than Richard!

Joyrex mentioned this could crash the server this is hosted on and its 'mind blowing' news that is easily bigger than the kickstarter thing.

You do dream big - most of those releases don't even exist! Although I would kill for an EP of Alberto Balsalm outtakes (if there were any)...

And I do plan on upgrading the server before this happens - just need to find the time!

Abby's already tried to get ahold of Warp official for an interview on BeakingTheSet (RT). No response.

I also saw Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars tweeted at him asking for an interview haha

I wouldnt be surprised if warp wont allow for this as that NME article has already started to paint him as some nutjob. Just today someone said to me "Hey i read something about that apex guy you like, he thinks 9/11 was an inside job!", and this is coming from someone who has no idea about electronic music. That said I like your sister and her show.

Funny you mention gear...

we all know that nothing could possibly be more exciting than new/old unreleased music. i'm thinking this could actually be a one-on-one interview conducted by Joyrex himself in Richard's home studio, w/ the footage being hosted by WATMM which would explain a huge increase in site traffic.

it makes sense to me that Richard would agree to something like this considering his history w/ Joyrex, the CW kickstarter etc.

another possibility would be for some kind of tour involving Richard performing using actual hardware(personally i'm not interested in seeing him mixing other peoples music), but i don't see why that kind of announcement would come through Joyrex...

the release of new/old unreleased shit is inevitably going to happen, but not this soon after Syro.

i dunno...

Archived