IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing that popped in my mind after Joyrex's comment about gear was that Richard has designed a synth or drum machine for market.

My vote. God damn it, I'd probably buy it, too.

what is this thread about?

link to what jr said somewhere please?

it's somewhere in the syro thread

I think page 200 something.

I might be wrong tho.

I think we need to stop analysing Joyrex's every word :shrug:

Joyrex is turning into the MDG of Richard. :sleep:

bocbocbocbocbocboc

his back catalog will be hosted and sold through WATMM

Now there's a thought... still, would make more sense on Bandcamp.

A tour with his gear would be pretty big and sorta fits with his comment about being bored of dj gigs.

Funny you mention gear...

Any genuine AFX live show tour would probably be announced by Warp, not Joyrex. He’s mentioned several times how hard it was coordinating the Kickstarter and digipacks. Coordinating or being involved in any significant way with a tour has gotta be like 10,000x more work than that! Venues, cities, shit like that.

WARP is working with Richard and I on this... how involved they will be remains to be seen. I may end up working with them more than Richard!

Joyrex mentioned this could crash the server this is hosted on and its 'mind blowing' news that is easily bigger than the kickstarter thing. <- Personally I think that leaves out any interview, making of video etc. I'm thinking BIG.. And nothing is bigger in Aphex-land than the music itself. Incredible unreleased old music imminent. SAWIII, RDJ Album Part 2, Alberto Balsalm...The Album, Drukqzz-Duh Rehab Edition.

You do dream big - most of those releases don't even exist! Although I would kill for an EP of Alberto Balsalm outtakes (if there were any)...

And I do plan on upgrading the server before this happens - just need to find the time!

Well holy hell. 'most'?? SAWIII please lord.. or anything to do with that golden era. All other speculation is gravy but new old music is where it's at for me.

Here's my 2p.

In the Pitchfork interview, he talked about doing like a massive long set at his birthday party, then mused about doing that again and filming it.

Livestream of RDJ high as fuck on mushrooms and K, mixing between two copies of Welcome to the Terrordrome, for 6 days straight, whilst drooling and grinning.

And it goes out on Twitch.

I'd watch the lot.

Aside from whether or not the announcement is even music - I really don't understand why "The Tuss" doesn't do a "Digital Box Set" or "Digital Archive" with a bunch of old unreleased tracks (or better yet: an 8 disc Rephlex "Compliation" of "artists" who just so happen to have no real back story if u get me). It seems even BOC were seriously considering and organizing the same thing even though a lot of the songs that were probably intended for the release were (allegedly) already "out there". I guess it is just a matter of it being too hard because it's "too much stuff" to even begin to consider. oh well.

Aside from whether or not the announcement is even music - I really don't understand why "The Tuss" doesn't do a "Digital Box Set" or "Digital Archive" with a bunch of old unreleased tracks (or better yet: an 8 disc Rephlex "Compliation" of "artists" who just so happen to have no real back story if u get me). It seems even BOC were seriously considering and organizing the same thing even though a lot of the songs that were probably intended for the release were (allegedly) already "out there". I guess it is just a matter of it being too hard because it's "too much stuff" to even begin to consider. oh well.

Archived