IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

Okay everyone. I think it's time that someone dug through the beginning of this thread, armed with the new hints, and found whatever guess was deemed by JR as 'almost right.' I think he even said that 15-20 pages in, so it shouldn't be a HUGE task to find where he said that, cross reference with all guesses, after nixing out all the guesses that he quashed. I'm too lazy to do it right now, but I'm sure someone here is enterprising enough....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest progben

Okay everyone. I think it's time that someone dug through the beginning of this thread, armed with the new hints, and found whatever guess was deemed by JR as 'almost right.' I think he even said that 15-20 pages in, so it shouldn't be a HUGE task to find where he said that, cross reference with all guesses, after nixing out all the guesses that he quashed. I'm too lazy to do it right now, but I'm sure someone here is enterprising enough....

Richard has designed a drum machine or synth for market

A remix competition

Joyrex personal robot performance in Scotland

Rephlex branded 303s

Milk from the Milkman’s wife’s tits

Livestream of RDJ high as fuck on mushrooms

Midi fanboy controller

Back catalogue re-release/ Rephlex Bandcamp

“Aphex Gin”

Video interview/studio tour

Unreleased old music (ie. MfM)

Auction of RDJ studio gear

Joyrex 1 on 1 RDJ Interview

RDJ AMA

Audio/Visual LP

Official come to daddy/windowlicker masks

New chris Cunningham video

Making of windowlicker

RDJ Breast implants big reveal

Syro track stems for open remix comp

Timestretched fart

Tour with gear

Becomes prime minister

There you go guys. Get crossing dem out.

No 'exchange of money'. There are 'photos and cataloging' as well as 'boxing and shipping'.. and Joyrex is intimately involved.. as is Warp.

This = I no longer can even guess but excitement still builds. Just hope its still about the music in some way.. not gear stuff.

Sidenote:.. RIchard should be knighted someday. Pretty damn important figure to UK culture. It even sounds good 'Sir Richard James'

No 'exchange of money'. There are 'photos and cataloging' as well as 'boxing and shipping'.. and Joyrex is intimately involved.. as is Warp.

This = I no longer can even guess but excitement still builds. Just hope its still about the music in some way.. not gear stuff.

Sidenote:.. RIchard should be knighted someday. Pretty damn important figure to UK culture. It even sounds good 'Sir Richard James'

"boxing and shipping" but no "exchange of money"... confusing.

A remix competition

Rephlex branded 303s

Midi fanboy controller

“Aphex Gin”

RDJ AMA

Audio/Visual LP

Making of windowlicker

Timestretched fart

Tour with gear

Becomes prime minister

why is the aphex gabber kick, fanboy midi controller and badgerbox mk2 not there? :(

A remix competition

Rephlex branded 303s

Midi fanboy controller

“Aphex Gin”

RDJ AMA

Audio/Visual LP

Making of windowlicker

Timestretched fart

Tour with gear

Becomes prime minister

I've tried narrowing it down to three...

Rephlex branded 303s

But if you count the video stuff as physical (DVD, VHS, etc.) then I guess there's a few more.

Possibly a giveaway if there's no money involved?

Amirite Joyrex?

ever heard of a contest with prizes?

you know.. we are the music makers after all

I know a remix contest was shot down as well. Me don't knows. I like to believe they are "cataloging" shit loads of tracks (not at all likely, I know)

maybe he's putting on a show with the robots somewhere.

but watmm is involved somehow, and joyrex gave that one weird hint about how we could be playing the gear. maybe since touring with the robot gear isn't practical, he's doing a one-off show to be videotaped, and he's going to mix in some midi beats/melodies submitted through watmm?

ha they opened today 19.11 9.11 911, holy aphex twin towers crash aliens and pitzabadgers!

double click makesyro_win.bat (makesyro_mac.command) in folder example/execute_win syro : syro itself. It generates syrostream from syrodata.

ok, i dont know if this guess would actually be possible so maybe its not so much of a guess as just a 'this would be cool', and i dont know if its been suggested already, but i think it would be really cool if it was something along the lines of, like if the phex set up an area in one of his studios with a few robot things that banged on stuff, and had a website type thing set up so that anyone could go there and send midi data, and it would run to the robots and control them and itd be recorded and you would get an audio file back.

kind of like that place that had a setup in a big silo where you could upload an audio file and they ran it through the silo and you could download the silo'd version.

now, yeah of course that would be cool. but i don't really think it would/will be something like that just because the cost to richard would be too high. having to have these things set up, taking up space, being turned on constantly (all the equipment, the robots, the recording disk, the internet computer/connection), and the website being set up to work with all that and being ran by someone, plus the cost of the robots themselves which hes now letting everyone else use.... etc etc etc

so maybe not quite THAT but maybe something in that realm of interactive.. something?

Ah, someone's sussed it almost 99%. But who? :emotawesomepm9:

When do we finally get to find out who's sussed it? Going by my logic I'd say we find out in just under 2 weeks ...close?

ive been thinking that someone should sell things that can be clamped on and smack/poke/shake things for a long time, but i never thought about also including a usb out to control it (just thought of them being like midi modules) and built in mic and audio going back in by usb. that would be pretty cool since everything would be self contained. i bet that would really catch on

Archived