IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

Something like the Korg Volca Sample maybe? A mixture of a modular analogue synthesizer/drum machine mixed with the possibility of a sampler connected to WATMM with an open library of Aphex and fan-collected samples. That would be cool.

you mean like...stepheng will be able to answer some post with "buddum dshhhh", but this time not with letters but actual sounds? or like, when some dude fails, i will be able to post "wham wham whaaaaam" fail melody?

or online synth anyone at watmm can play simutaneosly? or both? that would be cool.

If it was to be that, everybody would only post RDJ's fart sounds.

I fart because you do

Selected Ambient Farts

Analogue Bubble Fart

Chosen Farts

26 Farts for Cash

watmm renamed to fartmm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tristan

"JR said no money is changing hands though."

+ he said that there would be boxing & shipping involved. So it's not something that will be for sale, but at the same time it's a physical "thing" that needs to be shipped to people..

I hope he releases his archives somehow..Would kill to hear more SAW1 era stuff and maybe even stuff from RDJ Album era. <- like that would ever happen! While I'm smoking crack I may as well throw on, all for free, and downloadable, and a bit of fan interaction for good measure.

Guest Tristan

The fact that people are even talking about new stuff at this point is preposterous.

Well it was also said it's not music.And than that video with the logo, which looks like a piece of gear..

...preposterous.

great word!

Word.

Horsefeathers and pants-shittingly-absurd were also in the running but in retrospect it warms my heart knowing that we share the same weird enthusiasm here. I appreciate you for appreciating my word selection, bro.

The fact that people are even talking about new stuff at this point is preposterous.

Well it was also said it's not music.And than that video with the logo, which looks like a piece of gear..

Where did this video even come from?

Primarily for music makers + need server upgrade + return of downloads.

Got to be a large quantity of files being hosted on the site, surely? Not sure what exactly though.

The server upgrade was needed because of "events" like the AAA and Syro were pegging our server so bad with all the traffic we were getting - I anticipated this thing we're doing will have a similar effect, if not greater than the previous ones. We've weathered the SoundCloud Event™ pretty well (even set some new attendance records), so I suspect we'll be good for the near future.

Downloads was in the planning for ages - again, server upgrade (hosting company gave us almost 60GB more free space) to handle all that.

It will NOT be any sort of music hosted here, or music of any kind.

It will be a little Bonsai tree that you can set up in your living room which will sing you nice little piano melodies and will slowly grow a very fancy british face complete with the iconic beard and the slightly off-looking occasional haircut.

Guest damageis

It's gotta be some sort of live show.

yeah he's gonna set up in your living room and play chopsticks on his old GX1

If he ever gets it back from Colin @ Sequentix.

Richard will open Britain's first 'Troll Academy', featuring a 3 year Bachelor of trolls degree and advanced Music Production HND.

read the rules

I think it's going to be a lecture series + Q&A w/ richard.

EDIT: lecture on music production/composition.

It's got to be something like this - it'll be more of interest to musicians, it isn't directly any new music, it will feature his gear, it won't cost any money but will involve shipping/packaging (raffle for free tickets which will be posted).

Archived