IGNORED

The Advisory Circle - From Out There

It's quite good so far. However, i don't find it to be have anywhere near the emotional resonance of his recent solo album, 52.

strange you should say that (perhaps i need to re-listen) but i found 52 quite boring. this however i find pretty fascinating- more like a soundtrack to

that's parts bucolic and other parts luddite.

also, i didn't notice any difference in tracklisting because i got mine from the ghost box store. are you now telling me i missed a track? :(

btw: can we please listen to 'causeway ballet' together? seriously!!!

Yeah, one of us will need to hop on a plane. New album seems more experimental to me - no bad thing but quite a few tracks have the same 70s analog lead over and over again. I would have preferred less tracks and more variety but I ought to give it a lot more time.

The one track where someone is calling out numbers did have me rolling my eyes though. That's been done to death.

Then again, there is another piece with someone on the phone that is sincerely creepy for some reason. Love it.

New album seems more experimental to me - no bad thing but quite a few tracks have the same 70s analog lead over and over again. I would have preferred less tracks and more variety but I ought to give it a lot more time.

The one track where someone is calling out numbers did have me rolling my eyes though. That's been done to death.

Then again, there is another piece with someone on the phone that is sincerely creepy for some reason. Love it.

the fact that it sounds more "70s analog" is what i love best about it. actually, i wish it had a little more of the folksy vibe from 'as the crows fly' but i'm really digging the open-ended melancholy sound design- very reminiscent of weird sci-fi from the 70s

btw: thanks for the dropbox camera uploads link, although i'm kinda confused why you uploaded it unless you were trying to link something else? i noticed you've got ashley benson in that piece. yep, i'm into her as well- heavy!!!

New album seems more experimental to me - no bad thing but quite a few tracks have the same 70s analog lead over and over again. I would have preferred less tracks and more variety but I ought to give it a lot more time.

the fact that it sounds more "70s analog" is what i love best about it. actually, i wish it had a little more of the folksy vibe from 'as the crows fly' but i'm really digging the open-ended melancholy sound design- very reminiscent of weird sci-fi from the 70s[/url

btw: thanks for the dropbox camera uploads link, although i'm kinda confused why you uploaded it unless you were trying to link something else? i noticed you've got ashley benson in that piece. yep, i'm into her as well- heavy!!!

That wasn't the link I intended. Had the mods remove it. Sorry about that.

cool and the gang. btw: you've made me really want to revisit 52. i streamed it and honestly wasn't digging it that much but if it's even remotely close to some of these sounds my head will spin

I originally intended buying the vinyl but was disappointed to find that the DL code only offered MP3.

Then I noticed a discrepancy with the track numbers between Bleep and Ghost Box.

Personally, they should have had all the tracks and made it a double vinyl or something. Perhaps it was a financial decision not to do that.

Title track is extremely unnerving, which is just how like the Hauntalogical stuff to be.

The guy talking on the phone, what he says could be interpreted in many ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived