IGNORED

Jaden Smith is getting his swag on

Allize

You guys sound so cynical and jilted. It's sad that you can get angry at someone for being creative and introspective. Or treat them as if they don't have a right to criticize something we all no sucks, because they have lived a blessed life. It's such a "blue collar" perspective. Sounds like something an alcoholic dad would say when he got back from working in the mines.

They are kids though. Their ideas, although well meaning, and imo on the right track are not full formed. They may never get to that level either, but at least they are looking towards the right places.

Who's angry?

Don't get me wrong --- It's more the act of doing one thing and saying another that just makes me giggle a little at them with the interview, the music is whatever. Life is suffering, and if you do all you can to avoid any possibility of doing so or have only experienced it on a very pitiful relative scale (i.e. high-school is too hard for you emotionally?! Shit, peeling an orange must be terrifying), you just become a sort-of spoiled pansy spiritually IMO who regurgitates new-age nonsense pretty easily. Don't really know how to define my thoughts on the subject, and I probably sound like a douche. - I'm not mad, just laughing. Good for them for at least thinking somewhat outside 'the box', I guess?

And never, ever bring up Daddy's coal mining like that

HE PUTS FOOD ON THE TABLE, DAMMIT.

:dadjoke:

You guys sound so cynical and jilted. It's sad that you can get angry at someone for being creative and introspective. Or treat them as if they don't have a right to criticize something we all no sucks, because they have lived a blessed life. It's such a "blue collar" perspective. Sounds like something an alcoholic dad would say when he got back from working in the mines.

They are kids though. Their ideas, although well meaning, and imo on the right track are not full formed. They may never get to that level either, but at least they are looking towards the right places.

pissing on working folk while defending the retarded ramblings of children. class.

I knew you guys would latch onto that...If you don't understand what I'm meaning and are looking for some stupid detail of what I said to discredit my opinion there is no explaining that I could do that would relieve me of your intent to do that. Because in watmm that's what most people do. Focus on some bullshit superficial aspect of a statement instead of focusing on the message. Blue collar was in quotation to imply it was not literal. fuck man. I hate this place so much because you guys always do this shit. There is a difference between having a blue collar job and having a blue collar perspective... god damn man.

Their comments weren't all bullshit. The analogies were a little off the mark, but the shit about time and how you need context to develop understanding of something were not wrong.

Keep being angry and envious about someone who is living a good life just because they had rich parents. That's total class.

If you guys got interviewed what do you think you would come across like? Surely there would be forums dedicated to slagging you off as an idiot.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

There is a difference between having a blue collar job and having a blue collar perspective...

yes, and this subtle distinction was one that we were just supposed to somehow know you meant, like through clairvoyance and shit. of course when you make a bald reference to hard-drinking mine workers we're supposed to know you don't really mean people who literally work in mines, dude, you mean like people who have the same attitude as people who work in mines, y'know? (how do you develop a blue-collar attitude without being blue-collar, exactly?)

this is just some nitpicky bullshit you're writing after the fact to try and salvage your anti-working class remarks, cos we all know you're such an enlightened member of the counterculture and the rest of us squares just can't get what you're on about.

all shit-flinging itt aside, the bottom line is: they're children. they don't know their heads from their asses yet. children should be encouraged to express themselves and be creative and grow as human beings in as many positive ways as possible, but when you're in the public sphere as a celebrity child, publicly dropping every daft thought that enters your head is not to be viewed as a positive attitude, let alone encouraged. it's got nothing to do with how rich they are, what social stratum they belong to, or how talented/talentless they are, it's purely about their exposure.

all shit-flinging itt aside, the bottom line is: they're children. they don't know their heads from their asses yet. children should be encouraged to express themselves and be creative and grow as human beings in as many positive ways as possible, but when you're in the public sphere as a celebrity child, publicly dropping every daft thought that enters your head is not to be viewed as a positive attitude, let alone encouraged. it's got nothing to do with how rich they are, what social stratum they belong to, or how talented/talentless they are, it's purely about their exposure.

Which is kind of up to the parents. Of course the parents want to set them up for a career as a celebrity, so they realise that this media exposure is vital to continuing the family business of your personage being a saleable commodity. So with that in mind, perhaps we can't blame the parents, they're just cynical and want to see their children have a nice free ride life in the fast lane.

The paragraph above is not agreeing or disagreeing with usagi, it is just interjecting to continue the thought. Also, i am neither expressing my distaste of, nor supporting the Will Smith and wifey parenting style.

spoiled rich talentless celebrity children, no less

pissing on working folk while defending the retarded ramblings of children. class.

I wonder what young starving africans think of your struggles. :diablo:

There is a difference between having a blue collar job and having a blue collar perspective...

yes, and this subtle distinction was one that we were just supposed to somehow know you meant, like through clairvoyance and shit. of course when you make a bald reference to hard-drinking mine workers we're supposed to know you don't really mean people who literally work in mines, dude, you mean like people who have the same attitude as people who work in mines, y'know? (how do you develop a blue-collar attitude without being blue-collar, exactly?)

this is just some nitpicky bullshit you're writing after the fact to try and salvage your anti-working class remarks, cos we all know you're such an enlightened member of the counterculture and the rest of us squares just can't get what you're on about.

Honestly in that position they didn't need to do any of this. They could just lay back and profit because their parents are rich enough for that. What I see here is some kids trying to make cool stuff. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I personally like some of the tracks.

Also, I like wil smith alot and I do have some respect for him. I believe most of you do. He's a self made man. Why believe he would fail so much as a parent?

wait.. quotation marks are for showing a word or phrase isn't literal?

yup, when someone says, "quote unquote insert word.

This is so ridiculous. I don't see how you guys don't get the stereotypical low brow basic dude who just wants to criticize the rich for being rich vibes off these comments. I have to be so literal with you people all the time it's exhausting.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

pissing on retards while trying to defend the working class. What do you have against retarded people? Why are you using retarded in a negative connotation?

See it's fucking annoying and derails the conversation when you nitpick people's meaning when it's obvious. just doing some stupid PC holier than thou shit to try and discredit someone's position. I know you are smart enough to know the type of person I was describing. You've met them in life. you've seen them in movies.

wait.. quotation marks are for showing a word or phrase isn't literal?

yup, when someone says, "quote unquote insert word.

only works for sarcasm that references something that has previously been mentioned

adieu's mom: what were you doing in there?

adieu: polishing my grammar trophies :blush:

adieu's mom: you sure do spend a lot of time "polishing your trophies"!! :rolleyes:

Edited by tauboo

• 2 weeks later...