IGNORED

Tuss revisited

atypic

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

Just listened to akunk and immediately thought the crazy de tuned synth sounds like the EML electrocomp. Does anyone have the MySpace stuff? If so don't suppose you'd share?

Sorry if that is against the rules.

would it be ok if anyone could post archived trax from the cat189 myspace? i dunno if that'd be rule-abiding but i'm really sad they're all gone except for one.

that would be great! i will share my small fake tuss collection when i'll get to my laptop, untill 2-3 days, there's like 50-60 tracks

maybe together we can collect 'em all!

is this legal?

there was a collection of about 50 tuss fakes that i found in a few places when i first discovered the tuss fakes. they were in a zip in some places. i checked for the cat189 titles, and they're there, but they're samples! like 30 seconds, 50 seconds... mugbass included, even though the mugbass on the myspace site is full length. it appears aphex was way ahead of us on this one. i'm guessing the myspace originally had full length versions of the songs, or longer segments. i'd imagine some watmmers must have ripped them...

................o o o o_o

anybody else think the project name 'The Tuss' is either a nod or an unwitting nod to 'Steely Dan'?

in some way, both sound funny if you say "i like..."

but they are both phallic references, both are musical projects, except 'The Tuss' refers to the 'real thing' while 'steely dan' is a reference to a dildo in a Burroughs novel.

Could The Tuss have been this project's name without William Burroughs having written Naked Lunch, (and Ginsberg and Kerouac compiling it for him?)

Was The Tuss also forced by Master Richards mates?

Guest MaxKDanielsson

Toy with the idea it would look like this instead. Consider that Syro sounds very similar to The Tuss work.

ALBUMS:

The Tuss - Syro (2014) Rephlex.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge (2007) Rephlex.

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough (2007) Rephlex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reality --->

ALBUMS:

Aphex Twin - Syro 2014 Warp.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge 2007 Rephlex. (Tuss moniker do to Aphex twin moniker bound to Warp and Richard's statement "I've just done that for a laugh. And I might keep doing it, just keep being anonymous and doing different names.)

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough 2007 (Rephlex)

He's saying goodbye to home maybe? linked to Ruth, Redruth? dunno. Probably did it around the time he moved to Scotland.

Syro has definiteley tied up (to a degree) his involvments with other artists or Rephlex releases.

Yeah man, good post.

Makes a lot of sense to me that.

So I'm always like an album behind with his stuff for some bizarre reason. The Tuss only just made sense to me. Not that it matters.

But yeah. It's rather good :)

pretty sure that everyone here knows this but Teddy Oggie = wisp

from what i remember Awepittance got him to make it and he put it on his fake tuss account. (briantregaskin)

who is cat189, and why did they have a bit of 180db (syro) on myspace in 2008?

Archived