IGNORED

Alien Isolation

MisterE

Cool, it was included with the game when I bought it but I was knackered after finishing Isolation so haven't gone back to it yet.

one criticism, a few too many times hiding in lockers & when the alien is checking me hiding out his head sometimes goes through the metal locker, (which is lol)

You actually better not use lockers save for a couple times. I myself hid there for a good hour the first time in the hospital, you just don't progress this way as the alien keeps circling like a shark - its behaviour is not "too random" as many mention, it's random within a frustratingly little distance until you move out. I also read from creators in a recent article on in-game locker mechanics that eventually the alien AI expects you to hide there (essentially cheating, coz to learn that it should first find you and obviously kill you).

I replayed the game recently on a harder level, still a masterpiece in my experience even after the novelty has worn off. As with any game with a cinematic story, the only major flaw is plot development (you're the only one who makes shit done on a space station and that shit is never done completely), especially multiple and weirdly unrealistic twists at the end for the sake of spectacle. It was so delightfully restrained before that.

yeah i know, (playing on hard level) using the lockers rarely now (prob midway) now that i have the flame thrower but if it suddenly drops into the room & theres a locker i'll jump in always leaning back not staying for too long. oh yeah the hospital level, found under beds was good also as you could move more but not for long as it will def see you walking towards you. turning the music level down is a really good idea as well,

Routine looks pretty cool osc. never heard of it. hope it doesnt turn into vaporware

I hope so too, but it is in active development. It's just a 3 person team, and it's totally indie. so it's taking a while. But as far as I know, it's still being worked on. really hope they release it. and not on Steam Early Access, I mean a proper release.

play in the dark

turn off the soundtrack (as it tends to be a bit too 'trigger-y' and you can figure out what's gonna happen next from the cues)

play with headphones

was expecting this game to be a turd, glad it wasn't.

I'm still waiting on Routine though.

ROUTINE!!!!!

play in the dark

turn off the soundtrack (as it tends to be a bit too 'trigger-y' and you can figure out what's gonna happen next from the cues)

play with headphones

ROUTINE!!!!!

you waiting on this game too then?

Played a session of this game with my buddy the other night. It is terrifying, and the controller swaps hands frequently out of pure exhaustion. The AI is a bit weird for detection and things of that nature, but the patterns are refreshingly hard to calculate. Nowhere near as simple as something like Metal Gear Solid for instance.

play in the dark

play with headphones

ROUTINE!!!!!

you waiting on this game too then?

Count me in the Routine camp too. I've been following Lunar's updates since summer 2013. Their last update was 17th December.

As I understand they're a team of only three and have been working on Routine's development for almost five years. As sparse as their updates are, I see no indication of them pulling the plug so far...which is good.

Love this game so much. Great atmosphere. I developed a kind of stockholm syndrome, fell in love with the alien and looked forward to getting caught and killed.

Love this game so much. Great atmosphere. I developed a kind of stockholm syndrome, fell in love with the alien and looked forward to getting caught and killed.

Most IDM post of the day.

Most IDM post of the day.

Totally, this is glorious.

• 2 years later...
Animated Series on IGN starting tonight:

Fifteen years have passed since the deep-space freighter Nostromo disappeared with all hands. And for fifteen years, Amanda Ripley has scoured the known universe for information about her mother, Ellen Ripley, the Nostromo’s warrant officer. When representatives from the Weyland-Yutani Corporation approach Amanda with news that the Nostromo’s flight recorder has finally been found and brought to the space station Sevastopol, Amanda joins the Company’s expedition to the remote outpost. But when Amanda reaches the station, she walks into a living nightmare: Sevastopol’s inhabitants have been terrorized, hunted, and brought to the brink of annihilation. Now she and a band of unprepared – and perhaps untrustworthy – survivors will have to confront the same diabolical species that changed her mother’s fate forever.

That’s the story of Alien: Isolation, and for those who didn’t play the 2014 game, 20th Century Fox is expanding the tale of Amanda Ripley in an exciting new way. As you can see in our exclusive trailer debut, IGN will be exclusively debuting Fox’s first-of-its-kind digital series of Alien: Isolation on Thursday, February 28th — and you can binge all seven episodes of it when the series drops on IGN.com at 9 a.m. PT.

yeah...

i mean the game's super great in a fan-servicey kinda way and in terms of actual gameplay / immersion but to think there's enough substance to get ppl to just sit down and watch them cutscenes without said context... phew.

just let go.

Archived