a0717903322_10.jpg

just in time for the spooky Halloween playlist, here's a real creepy and desolate sci-fi soundtrack just put up today:

"this material spawned from a dream sometime in 2013. i recorded 2 hours in one sitting immediately after waking from the dream, and have been editing it gradually over the past year. it's a sci-fi horror story about an unconscious space explorer stranded on a strange planet, told through a desolate, ambient soundtrack. i tried to create an "alien field recording" sounding album (Environmental), but with sparse movie like orchestral melodies that tell of a dramatic event unfolding in the story (Narrative). and finally, dream scenes where the unconscious explorer (the listener, perhaps?) is subjected to alien hypnosis (Visceral)."

--> https://ourson.bandcamp.com/album/the-sleeper-listens <--

imagery & interpretation aside, this is an extremely quiet and long album, and probably my most inaccessible music to date. but i'd like to think this album would be a stepping stone in the direction of making film music or any sound design job as i am currently unemployed & broke, using my music as a crutch & begging for tips. above all, enjoy and thank you.

Archived