IGNORED

Autechre remixes - a users guide

BUNKUM

Hypnotise is a track that's widely circulated as a vinyl rip, i think the version on Laxir is a vinyl rip.. but the track is also available on CD/digitally. (listen to fade out of track on this version^ and there's no surface noise). 

2005 Mark Broom - Any number (alt mix) is also the one i was referring to earlier, where different rips of this track can make the track sound alot better or worse. 

Smallfish is another that i kept coming across as vinyl rip, available here digitally https://kruton.bandcamp.com/album/uxb-releases

https://higherintelligenceagency.bandcamp.com/album/reform

• Like 1

nEkp98H.png

Here's what I have

I used to have a FLAC archive too but I wasn't too anal about checking for transcodes or whatever. I just want to listen to the choons

Isn't the D-Breeze track from Mask 500 (1999)? I thought it was canon that the Buck Tick remix was their first.

Oh wait... it says "Closer" lel... But is that actually a thing?

Edited by jaderpansen

the d'breeze tracks seem to be legit. 

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81205-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-transcribed-edition/

sergeantk What is your favorite remix you have done? (mine is HIA - Conoid Tone)

Rob that was our first ever proper remix job. 

Sean the first would have been one of the d'breez ones i think but the conoid tone was the first to be released

the release date on Crazy for love is 1999 cos it appeared on this release 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-MASK-500/release/19800

Closer i think made its way online by means of Darrell Fitton/Bola/D'Breeze's myspace, or something along those lines, so i think the release date used is more to reflect the date of production. 

Edited by bitchroast

yeah i put 1999 on the MASK D'Breeze remix cause that's when the 12" was released. The other one is from the Bola "leak" as bit says, so are a couple other tracks iirc. A couple other remixes are also from not 100% legit sources - one of the Surgeon ones is just an extract from one of their mixes, and the Saville thing I ripped from a youtube vid

Edited by span

also, looking at discogs + the AAA responses, 

seems it's spelt d-breez and not d-breeze lol (altho the mask release has d-breeze). 

og Closer 

Edited by bitchroast

• 1 month later...

where different rips of this track can make the track sound alot better or worse. 

Similarly with Medium - Celsius (Rebuilt By Autechre) from 7 Hills Clash - Rebuilt EP. One rip of this sounds like literal ass i.e. way too bassy & muffled (the 00:08:31, 13:0 mb one to be exact). The other sounds much cleaner & is actually listenable = (00:09:07, 20.8 mb / or the 21.1 mb .ogg).

where different rips of this track can make the track sound alot better or worse. 

Similarly with Medium - Celsius (Rebuilt By Autechre) from 7 Hills Clash - Rebuilt EP. One rip of this sounds like literal ass i.e. way too bassy & muffled (the 00:08:31, 13:0 mb one to be exact). The other sounds much cleaner & is actually listenable = (00:09:07, 20.8 mb / or the 21.1 mb .ogg).

I FUCKING LOVE this track!

The pads are orgasmic. 

I'd never heard the 8:31 rip until just now though... and yeah... it's a pretty bad rip.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...