IGNORED

Autechre remixes - a users guide

BUNKUM

i also have OST- Ou autechre remix excerpt here, but it is 128kbs only

not sure where i got that one from; i think OST himself posted it somewhere on the internet years ago

yeah it was temporarily featured on his myspace site, no high quality version out there...

i thought that kickstarting tDR to make artwork for Ae Remixes 1993-2014 could be cool but

a/ they would never make unofficial Ae stuff

b/ tDR are supposed to be quite expensive

c/ at the end of the day, its just a folder

Right, I've gone through my playlist and bolded the tracks are that still missing from the Google doc. Anything with a * I have on CD. Hopefully I've not missed anything but it's a long list, the boys have been busy over the years.

Saint Etienne: Like A Motorway (Skin Up, You're Already Dead) 8:24 – Like A Motorway (CD Single)*

The Higher Intelligence Agency: Speech3 (Conoid Tone Reformed By Autechre) 6:27 – Reform EP*

Buck Tick: Iconoclasm (Don't X Ray Da DAT Mix) 6:41 シェイプレス

Schaft: SKF10047 (Ae Mix) 7:35 Switchblade

Seefeel: Spangle (Autechre Remix) 12:16 – Autechre Remix Of Spangle By Seefeel (CD Single)*

Soft Ballet: Jail Of Freedom (Jailtilsli) 8:56 – Forms: Remix For Ordinary People*

Beaumont Hannant: Psi-Onyx (Psix Million Dollar Myx Oscar Goldmans Bonus) 9:30 – Psi-Onyx (CD Single)

V: Vliezwei (Vliegenbos Morning Reproduced By Autechre) 9:23 – Sub-Machine/The Unheard/Vliezwei EP

Scorn: Falling (Autechre - 'FR 13' Mix) 10:18 – Ellipsis

Ming: On The Loose (For Internal Use Only Mix) 7:22 – Slowly

Kinesthesia: Sanq (Mix By Autechre) 8:33 – Empathy Box Remixes 12"

Silvania: 1Belm : Autechre Mx 11:24 – Delay Tambor

Silvania: 1Belm (Ae Different Mix) 7:25 – Unreleased

Palm Skin Productions: Evolution Of The Beast (Autechre Mix) 8:00 – The Beast Remix (CD Single)*

Lamb: Gold (Autechre Mix) 7:33 – Remixed*

Mira Calix: Humba (Assisted by Gescom) 5:56 – Ilanga 12"

Mira Calix: Khala (Assisted by Gescom) 10:14 – Ilanga 12"

DJ Food: Sexy Bits (Ae 9V Mix) 7:25 – Refried Food

Mike Ink: Paroles (Autechre Repoles) 6:55 – Polka Trax (CD Single)

Gescom: Keynell (Mix 1) 9:24 – Keynell (Remixes) EP

Gescom: Keynell (Mix 2) 11:08 – Keynell (Remixes) EP

Spacetime Continuum: String Of Pearls (Autechre Mix) 5:07 – Remit Recaps

Edge Of Motion: Earth Ball (Autechre Rmx) 8:51 – Ad Hoc

Impulse: One-Six-Four-Seven (Numbers Rammed Down My Ear Mix) 8:37 – One-Six-Four-Seven 12"

Dominique Dalcan: Aveugle & Sourd (Autechre Mix) 8:31 – Aveugle & Sourd (Remixes) (CD Single)

Nav Katze: Happy? (Qunk Mix By Autechre) 7:29 – Gentle & Elegance

Nav Katze: Happy? (Qunk Mix Dub) 10:16 – Never Mind The Distortion II

Mark Broom: Any No. Between 1 & 17 (Autechre Remix) 9:03 – Angie Is A Shoplifter EP

Mark Broom: Any Number Between 1 & 17 (Autechre Alt Mix) 9:51 – Angie Revisited 12"

Stereolab: Refractions In The Plastic Pulse (Feebate Mix) 8:01 – Miss Modular EP

East Flatbush Project: Tried By 12 (Autechre Mx) 6:05 – Tried By 12 (Remixes)

Merzbow: Ecobondage [Ending] Ae Remix 11:22 – Scumtron

Lexis: Hypnotise (Autechre Slow Mix) 5:48 – The Widescreen Versions

Gescom: Viral Rival (Rmxd By Ae) 7:52 – This EP

Gescom: Mag 3.1426 (Rmxd By Ae) 5:44 – This EP*

Gescom: Keynell (Rmxd By Ae) 7:25 This EP

Jimi Tenor: Take Me Baby (Remix) 6:13 – Radio

Medium: Celsius (Autechre Remix) 8:32 – 7 Hills Clash

Tortoise: Ten-Day Interval (Adverse Camber) 6:04 – Onions Wrapped In Rubber 12"

Tortoise: Ten-Day Interval (To Day Retreival) 3:58 – Onions Wrapped In Rubber 12"

Skinny Puppy: Killing Game (Autechre Remix) (Bent Mix) 5:12 – Remix Dystemper

Nightmares On Wax: Sal Batardes (Purple Mix) 7:00 – Warp 10+3 Remixes*

Squarepusher: Two Bass Hit (Ae Mix) 4:01 – Maximum Priest EP

Various Artists: No. 8 (Æ2 Mix By Autechre)8, 8.5, 9 • Remixes

Various Artists: 8 (Ae Mix) 9:43 – Across Uneven Terrain

Autechre: Autechre Play Weissensee Im Glück (Original Composition By Neu!) 8:51 – Splitrmx12

Autechre: Autechre Play At Drowning In A Sea Indiependance (Original Composition By Bic?) 10:50 – Splitrmx12

Jürgen Paape: Autechre (TR7AEremix) vs Jürgen Paape 4:27 – Sub Rosa vs Kompakt

Phoenecia: Odd Job (Systems Mono Version) 7:18 – Odd Jobs

Gescom: Boogie Down Bronx 4:13 – Mask 500 EP

Hecker: Itiso161/ae (Gescom mix) 6:28 – [r*] Iso | Chall

Push Button Objects: Non Existant (Keyed In By Gescom) 4:48 – Rapid Transit

Passarani: Phonok (Gescom Vacuum Party mix) 7:24 – Phonok (Remixes) 12"

Kruton: Smallfish Pa.track2 (Autechre Remix) 5:39 – Granular Plateaux EP

Freeform: A.T. (Autechre Mix) 7:40 – Audiotourism 1 x Reinterpretations CD. 1x Sources CD

Team Doyobi: Push Chairs for Grown Ups (Autechre Remix) 3:55 – Push Chairs for Grown Ups (Remixes)*

Jello: Neph (Ae Ultramatique 6 Remix) 5:45 – Lungbone EP

Earth: Coda Maestoso In (F)flat Minor 5:37 – Legacy Of Dissolution

Sensational: Sensachre 10 Mix (Autechre Remix) 5:38 – Sensational Meets Kouhei

Kid Acne: Eddy Fresh (Gescom Remix)3:18 – Eddy Fresh 12"

Kid Acne: Eddy Fresh (Gescom Remix (dub)) 4:00 – Eddy Fresh 12"

Surgeon: Whose Bad Hands Are These? (Autechre Remix) 7:18 – Whose Bad Hands Are These? (Part 1) 12"

Surgeon: Whose Bad Hands Are These? (Autechre Splunder Remix) 6:51 – Unreleased

Unique 3: The Theme (Autechre Remix) 7:45 – The Theme (Remix Bundle)

The Black Dog: Tunnels Ov Set (Autechre Remix) 7:41 – We Are Sheffield EP

Autechre: What Is House? (LFO Remix) 4:26 – Warp20 (Recreated)

Anodyne: Close Your Eyes (Corporation Street Remix By Autechre) 6:25 – The Remixes EP

The Bug: Skeng (Autechre Remix) 5:18 – Infected 12"

The Bug: Skeng (Autechre Dub) 6:08 – FACT Magazine Downloads

Deneir: The Winding Ladder (Autechre Mix) 4:34 – Nowhen EP

Oberman Knocks: Dilankex (Autechre Remix) 17:11 – Dilankex

Hi all

This is Derek from The Wire. Long time lurker, first time poster, and confirmed Ae fan. Hope y'all are good – wanted to come on here to mention our Autechre remixes article, as I though some of you might dig it, but seems you're well on the case already, in typically WATMM style. Thanks for some of the nice comments about it – I though the approach was fun, and Keith did a good job.

Great to hear that there's a new Laxir-type comp on the way. Laxir was fantastic, though I found it a little tricky to get hold of, so it's great that something similar might be circulating again.

WATMM has been a great source of occasional Autechre info over the years with things like, say, radio show tracklistings, so now I'm here, and I've finally taken the time to register, allow me to say thanks very much.

D

Hi all

This is Derek from The Wire. Long time lurker, first time poster, and confirmed Ae fan. Hope y'all are good – wanted to come on here to mention our Autechre remixes article, as I though some of you might dig it, but seems you're well on the case already, in typically WATMM style. Thanks for some of the nice comments about it – I though the approach was fun, and Keith did a good job.

Great to hear that there's a new Laxir-type comp on the way. Laxir was fantastic, though I found it a little tricky to get hold of, so it's great that something similar might be circulating again.

WATMM has been a great source of occasional Autechre info over the years with things like, say, radio show tracklistings, so now I'm here, and I've finally taken the time to register, allow me to say thanks very much.

D

That, and the 'chre themselves sometimes show up on here, doing the AAA for example :)

Welcome to watmm anyway, good to have you!

Cheers. Yes, actually, the AAA thread was really fantastic – probably one of the best Autechre interviews ever done, and a brilliant format. Lots of fascinating ideas shared. For instance, from my point of view, they were interesting on the subject of their suspicion of music reviews, on the basis that reviewers never have enough time to get to grips with the music – which is a reasonable point to make.

Hi all

This is Derek from The Wire. Long time lurker, first time poster, and confirmed Ae fan. Hope y'all are good wanted to come on here to mention our Autechre remixes article, as I though some of you might dig it, but seems you're well on the case already, in typically WATMM style. Thanks for some of the nice comments about it I though the approach was fun, and Keith did a good job.

D

Welcome!

Hi all

D

not really sure what your intentions are but my name is also Derek so you might want to keep that in mind.

imo

Hi Derek of the Wire,

I usually read your magazine in whsmiths on my lunchbreak lol, but this time I'm gonna make an exception and buy it! :wink:

I love the Autechre but am admittedly very unschooled in their vast remix history, this article is a great idea

imo

Edited by beerwolf

Hi Derek of the Wire,

I usually read your magazine in whsmiths on my lunchbreak lol, but this time I'm gonna make an exception and buy it! :wink:

I love the Autechre but am admittedly very unschooled in their vast remix history, this article is a great idea

imo

this is so confusing. so, when you say "derek of the wire" do you mean me? or the other guy from the wire?

which character was he again? weebey?

Hi Derek, i think i've just read an article on Lee Morgan's piece by you, good to have you here. It was you who did a lonely article about Chris Douglas circa Benacah, was it? Thanks for that.

yes it was, was really stoked about the writeup too ( especially since I co-released the cd version of Benacah with Highpoint :emotawesomepm9: ) ....welcome Derek.

With Ae remixes, would love to know what remixes and edits might be buried in their radio shows – the "Dark River" is an interesting one as it seems to be just a radio rip. It's hard to tell what's a remix, what's an edit, what's just them messing about with it in the mix. If it were possible to sieve all these factors, I reckon there's probably some great stuff in their shows. But was too hard to comment on it with any authority in the Autechre remixes piece.

Hey Amen, John, really glad you dug the review of Chris Douglas. His music is great– perhaps they'll be scope to do some kind of feature on him in the future, we'll see.

Beerwolf, thanks for buying the mag. I was first introduced to the mag by seeing the cool CDs they had on the cover in WH Smith back circa 1994, with FSOL etc. I was a student at the time so I surreptitiously, uh, borrowed the cover mount CD. Went back home and listened to it and thought "I've GOT to find out more about this mag", ha.

Guest jasondonervan

With Ae remixes, would love to know what remixes and edits might be buried in their radio shows

I can confirm to a minor degree that many of the disengage shows weren't actually produced by Ae, only a handful. That's not to say there couldn't be Ae remixes tucked away in shows by different artists/DJs, but it's kind of a grey area that's unlikely to ever be resolved unless Sean and Rob surprise us with their own remix/edit collection (pretty unlikely)

In regards to the old shows? Stick around... something may be in the pipeline in that regard... :fear: